Two errors I need help with

Hello.

Strange one this, and I'm unsure if its a Windows problem, or something broken due to removing something beforehand?, so I would be most grateful for any help.

1. Sketch and Snip loads but does not work, i.e, no snips can be taken. Screen just sits there and closes after 10 secs or so?

2. At every boot, I'm asked to sign in as 'other user', despite myself being the only local account on the system? Irritating.

I attach my template used.

19042.662 Windows Pro.

Many thx.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {46EC4D8F-B41C-82D6-90FC-55FE92832B6B}.xml
    26.2 KB
I am sure if needed you can find a new program for your snippet needs.

Did you have a Microsoft account before?

Kinda not the point, as I well know there are other programs out there, but I wish to know if this is a Windows problem, ntlite problem, or something I have removed that I shouldn't have? The same with the account thing, and no, I only use local accounts.

If you really want to keep it then try removing the program from the store and try reinstalling to see if that works

How many users does netplwiz show?

Tried that, and re-registering app, no difference.

netplwiz shows only me, nothing else, fresh install, nothing else on apart from GPU drivers.

This is what gauls me about this dreadful OS. One can't remove anything without breaking something. Gone are the days of when 'we' decided what went on our systems.

Last edited:
Do you happen to have a recovery before this happened?

This also happened to me but only on having a Microsoft account. After switching to a local account and using netplwiz and putting my password in everything worked fine. Hmm

Something is very wrong. Using the 'settings' UWP panel works great, but go to accounts in there, then it hangs, aka settings locks up?

Time to start again with another image, sigh. I must have removed something it's not liking, although I'm very careful as to not willy-nilly chop the system to bits, although it's very tempting ;)

Strange about Sketch & Snip though? I would never remove that, but it's minor.

Maybe nuhi can have a look at file to see where I went wrong?

Last edited:
I have gone through 3 installs so far and learned so much what works and what doesn't. Finally got it as lean as I can. All part of the learning

Back