Two strange problems that I don't know the root cause

Halobender

I'm quite sure these are not ntlite bug related, but user caused (me).

I've gotten some pretty decent builds done, however, I'm apparently removing a component(s) that is effecting two things:

1st: Windows Media Player.
Problem: when executing a .wav file I receive an error: No such interface supported. (see image)
It continues to play the file if I drag and drop it into the media player, but this prompt always comes up when executing/double clicking the file, and I do not know the reason. At first I thought it might be due to ripping out MS Store, but that wasn't the case. Any idea what could cause this issue? It is only with WMP, wav files play fine in an other media player (vlc, etc).

2nd: third party url links.
Problem: when clicked on from a program out of the browser, they do not launch in any browser specified.
It isn't all third party applications, but it's most. I have all the protocols and file extensions owned by my browser (html/htm/shtm/shtml/url/xhtm/xhtml/internetshortcut) but for one reason or another, links in say, discord, will not execute/open any browser I have as the default when they're clicked. They're duds and go nowhere. I had a feeling it was due to ripping out edge, but when I left edge in, the problem persisted.

This windows build I am modifying is Windows 10 Pro 19045.2965.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, gurus.

Attachments

• 45354.png
    45354.png
    3.3 KB
2nd: third party url links.
Problem: when clicked on from a program out of the browser, they do not launch in any browser specified.
It isn't all third party applications, but it's most. I have all the protocols and file extensions owned by my browser (html/htm/shtm/shtml/url/xhtm/xhtml/internetshortcut) but for one reason or another, links in say, discord, will not execute/open any browser I have as the default when they're clicked. They're duds and go nowhere. I had a feeling it was due to ripping out edge, but when I left edge in, the problem persisted.
Check your File Type Associations.

Code:
> assoc | findstr htm
.htm=htmlfile
.html=htmlfile
.mht=mhtmlfile
.mhtml=mhtmlfile
.xht=xhtmlfile
.xhtml=xhtmlfile

> ftype | findstr htmlfile
htmlfile="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1
mhtmlfile="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1
xhtmlfile="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1

I would keep Edge (Legacy), which is the IE11 compatibility libraries that some apps use.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I have added all edge components, including the update, yet it still has the issue. Everything edge related is left in. After I installed vanilla in a vm, it worked fine, so I'm at a loss.

If I can just get these two problems worked out I'll have my perfect build.

Last edited:
Try look at the Compatibility tab in upper left corner stay on Components tab in NTL and check what's absolutely necessary to keep.
For example Webview is Recommended and should be minimum to check to have an install work which you've removed.
All red marked removals should be keept to have a functional install.
I know - Edge is a bugger if want to use another browser.
1700667781729.png

I figured it out. Oh my lord in the treetops, I figured it out. It took all bloody day, but I figured it out.
It is the following components for both issues:

Code:
<c>appxsupport32 'Modern App support - 32 bit'</c>
<c>onecoreuapcommonproxystub32 'OneCore UAP Common Proxy Stub - 32 bit'</c>
<c>sharehost32 'Share Host - 32 bit'</c>
<c>wwahost32 'Windows Web App (WWA) Host - 32 bit'</c>

Back