Unable to apply changes to image (Windows 10 1809)

Windows 10 User

I'm having a weird problem. Every time I install Windows 10 1809 x64 Enterprise PT-PT image on a VM created by Hyper-V after using NTLite's x64 latest version (1.7.5.6840) I have all the apps, components and settings installed/set like if I had used a vanilla (original) image so no changes were made. The only change (I guess) is the ISO size (it must have to do with the install.esd, the only thing [the WIM to ESD conversion] that seems to have worked). I didn't have this problem in the previous version.

Last edited:
I have the same problem when trying to apply Windows 7 updates to my ISO. The processing takes a long time, but the final image doesn't contains the updates that were processed. I hope they can offer the previous version on the site until they fix the problem.

I have the same problem when trying to apply Windows 7 updates to my ISO. The processing takes a long time, but the final image doesn't contains the updates that were processed. I hope they can offer the previous version on the site until they fix the problem.

Yes, in my case they aren't integrated too after that long process. Do you more do things besides integrating updates and are that changes applied to the image?

EDIT: I also tried with the latest beta version (1.8.0.6840) and I had the same problem.

Yes, in my case they aren't integrated too after that long process. Do you more do things besides integrating updates and are that changes applied to the image?
I also tried to setup the language and keyboard layout in the unattended setup part once, but that was not applyed either. I have not tried other things.

Hi, thanks for reporting.
Seems to affect only the free version, that's how us, the alpha testers, missed it.
On it.

Hi, i have the same problem applying updates on Windows 7 SP1 x64. Which build did you uploaded the fix? Stable or beta?

Stable and betas with the same build, the last 4 digits, should have the same code, the betas usually only differ in they have some new removals or bits which are in the testing phase. 6842 is the latest build, go for the stable.

I am using version 1.7.5.6842. professional
The problem still exists that updates are not integrated.
I use windows 10 1809 and would like to integrate language packs from "Windows 10 Professional Features on Demand"

Last edited:
Those with the issue, please upload a preset demonstrating the issue (KB list and Windows version most important) and tell me how you confirm that it's not integrated?
I anything removed from the ISO in prior sessions?

Btw new version will be out tonight (around 3hr+ from this post), so if you want to retry to generate a preset, please wait a bit so make sure it wasn't fixed already.
I do not have any issues saving integrations, it was only in the free version what was mentioned and fixed in this topic.

I found the following using another image tools (from Baramundi, witch is an interface to dism).
I have integrated the language packs and I can see in Barmundi, that they are integrated. checking after a fresh installed PC, I found the language installed - so far everything is ok.

I updated NTLITE to version 1-7-6-6912 today.

Now I opend this os image (which I have used for this installation with NTLITE:
- I found all the patches hanging in the queue (NTLITE Updates.png), on next saving, all the updates are inserted again and again ...
- The SNMP features I have load will not be displayed at all
Info of loaded packs: "NTLITE SNMP.png", "NTLITE Langauge.png"

NTLITE Updates.pngNTLITE Langauge.pngNTLITE SNMP.png

no answer?
ok
Hi Roland,
thanks for the report.
Are you saying that NTLite is not detecting properly that the packages are integrated, or that it cannot integrate those particular ones?
Do you have a preset to see if the image was properly saved and other details?

Thanks.

NTLite is definitly not detecting that the packages are integrated. I hold the packeges in the queue as you can see above. Everytime you are going to save the images it integrates the packages again.

I open the image with another tool and there I see the packages integrated.
I also verified after installing the image on a PC and the packges are there.

Regards
--Roland

Added Features on demand to the list of Existing updates in the next version, thanks for pointing this out.
If you want a pre-release version send me a pm, should be released publicly next Tuesday.

Added Features on demand to the list of Existing updates in the next version, thanks for pointing this out.
If you want a pre-release version send me a pm, should be released publicly next Tuesday.

Good evening. I am not sure if it is the right post. We would like to buy professional version of NTlite and tested the last beta version. Only what we need it is integrade the last update in our install.wim image. We have realy old version of windows 10 enterpirse build from 2015. After we loaded our image in try to apply the build 1809 we could see that update was intergrated in our image. After checking of build image with dism we could see the same build like bevor. Only the size of install.wim image was different. To be sure, we also try to deploy this image with MDT. After deployment we had the same image like bevor. Does ahve NTLite a problem with Win 10x64 enterprise with intagration of update? Does it work with other version of Windows 10 (Pro). We would like to use NTLite for us and also for some other customer but can not solve a problem with integration of image. Please advice. Regards DImitri

Back