Unable to make Windows 10 image work

KatzWo

Hello

I am using a standard Win10 Pro N image created by the Windows Media Creation Tool. Nothing has been changed except for the Automation settings, which are as follows:

1660326496280.png

1660326517073.png

1660326536307.png

1660326552760.png

This batch job above is just a package installer for a lot of different software Imma be using. The Parameter is for it to run in the background without me seeing the cmd prompt.

These are all the changes I have made. What's causing my installation of this ISO to break on the bare metal laptop I'm tryna deploy it on?

Error message: (Administrator account, and Guest account being present, whereas my account would be called Felhasznalo, strange as hell)

The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted

Cannot log into neither Admin or Guest, and again, Felhasznalo is nowhere to be seen.

Many thanks guys!

Do you have an OEM license? Unattended setup is skipped whenever Setup finds a BIOS key. If that's true, click the checkbox for OEM SetupComplete. For new questions, attaching your preset file is easier than posting several screenshots.

Do you have an OEM license? Unattended setup is skipped whenever Setup finds a BIOS key. If that's true, click the checkbox for OEM SetupComplete. For new questions, attaching your preset file is easier than posting several screenshots.
No I do not have an OEM License. I had Win10 installed on that laptop prior, but by default, I bought it with FreeDOS on it.

Did you edit the preset to remove passwords? I see some XML problem, just checking if those are made by your editing.
Format looks correct, did NTLite create an autounattend.xml in the ISO folder?

Did you edit the preset to remove passwords? I see some XML problem, just checking if those are made by your editing.
Format looks correct, did NTLite create an autounattend.xml in the ISO folder?
Okay so User is the Admin Account and indeed it did end up working, the only problems I am left having are:

1) that my WinGetInstall batch job won't get launched once I am automatically logged into win 10 on this bare metal laptop.

1660331885450.png

Did I do it incorrectly? That Parameter is to say that it is supposed to be launched in the background automatically without a CMD window popping up and being visible for me or anyone else

2) I just also realized that I first have to download and install the Winget Package Manager from GitHub. So right now I am here on GitHub and I have already tried all those 2 ZIP files, but neither of them seem to contain the .exe I am supposed to install WinGet through >_<

3) Is this Windows Image that I have now created basically hardware-dissimilar, ie could I deploy it on any bare metal laptops or desktop PCs without running into problems with Microsoft thinking it's still laptop (insert random hardware ID)? I know this is not sysprep'd if I am understanding correctly, however the user is 1) automatically created 2) automatically logged on by Windows since there's no password and 3) it's the Admin User

4) Is it possible to have Microsoft Edge and Chrome installed post-setup containing ALL of the browser plugins that I have added to those 2 browsers?

5) Is it possible to have the machine automatically join a given network (SSID) if I also add the correct password of the network? I chose 'Home' network but it wasn't automatically connected to my home network (SSID)

Thank you very much

1. Parameters exist for your apps or scripts to use. Some programs require a silent install flag to run unattended.
Batch files usually don't take take arguments, but you should check if the installers inside them require silent flags.​
When debugging, I use the simple trick of redirecting script output to a log file. This captures execution problems.​
winstall-5188.bat > C:\Users\Myself\log.txt​

2. https://www.ntlite.com/community/in...-in-ntlite-image-for-post-setup-install.2916/

3. Sysprep is for capturing a generic image (removing user accounts, profiles, specific drivers) after Setup. Unless you have special needs, most of the time you don't need to sysprep. Just add the extra drivers to an image, and it will install on different PC types.

Not sure about the 2nd question?​

4. Browser plugins cannot be pre-installed since the browsers need to run their first-time setup. And plugins are per-user.

5. https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/wifi-settings-automatically.2952/

1. Parameters exist for your apps or scripts to use. Some programs require a silent install flag to run unattended.
Batch files usually don't take take arguments, but you should check if the installers inside them require silent flags.​
When debugging, I use the simple trick of redirecting script output to a log file. This captures execution problems.​
winstall-5188.bat > C:\Users\Myself\log.txt​

2. https://www.ntlite.com/community/in...-in-ntlite-image-for-post-setup-install.2916/

3. Sysprep is for capturing a generic image (removing user accounts, profiles, specific drivers) after Setup. Unless you have special needs, most of the time you don't need to sysprep. Just add the extra drivers to an image, and it will install on different PC types.

Not sure about the 2nd question?​

4. Browser plugins cannot be pre-installed since the browsers need to run their first-time setup. And plugins are per-user.

5. https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/wifi-settings-automatically.2952/
If I don't want to have to click on Yes or No during the WinGet installations, can I use the /f arguement, meaning: 'force instal' it? Would that help me skip having to press Y just to install the packages?

If I don't want to have to click on Yes or No during the WinGet installations, can I use the /f arguement, meaning: 'force instal' it? Would that help me skip having to press Y just to install the packages?
Read post #9.
It's fully unattended, you can choose a different winget build if you think it's stable.

Read post #9.
It's fully unattended, you can choose a different winget build if you think it's stable.
So I wanted to run bothMicrosoft.DesktopAppInstaller_8wekyb3d8bbwe (WinGet off GitHub) and my batch job through Post-Setup, but upon deploying it on my laptop, neither took place. Can you explain why?

Like I said, put a test command to echo something to a log file. If it doesn't execute, then we know SetupComplete was ignored.

KatzWo, since winstall-5188.bat is executed via first User login, you can put a Pause in it as well to freeze its result at the end, or rerun the batch (or copy of it) manually from command line after setup.
As it will show you if your script is working in the first place.

KatzWo, since winstall-5188.bat is executed via first User login, you can put a Pause in it as well to freeze its result at the end, or rerun the batch (or copy of it) manually from command line after setup.
As it will show you if your script is working in the first place.
Oh it definitely doesn't work before installing winget in the first place. Only when I manually install winget via WindowsStore first, can I run the script and install those programs.

You didn't read my linked thread. winget is packaged as AppX, and therefore has no execution capability until the first user on the system provisions a profile. This is a major design flaw which winget team understands, but hasn't addressed.

Which is why the workaround is very specific.

Back