Update Downloader Suggestions

Clanger

Staff member
If an update fails Verification then it goes red, same as the red warnings for missing prerequisites. Easy to spot on smaller screens etc Not sure if tool already has this, i havnt had a verification fail yet.

Split update KB numbers and Descriptions so the each have their own column. Be able to sort and group Descriptions. That way users can group updates for component X and skip them if required, especially if they have loads of individual updates and not just a SS CU and Flash update.

Make the main tool window and the update downloader window active at the same time. With the downloader window open you cannot access the main tool window. Be able to minimise the downloader window. :)

I would prefer if updates were downloaded 1 at a time so each one gets the full availible bandwith. :)
Facepalm. I found the setting - <MaxDownloads>3</MaxDownloads> oops, hehehe. Make 1 the default setting.

Change build date view too Year-Month-Day. I can never tell which is the day unless its 13 or over.
Have a Search/Find box For KBnumber or words. Hide existing updates(update is already part of an iso or already on pc somewhere. Check for existing updates and untick them if already installed. Cancel downloads option. :)

Last edited:
Back