Update Install Problem After Adding 2nd Display Language

crypticus

On my latest edit, (which is working without problems for more than 2 years) I was able to use windows normally, get updates every month and succesfully install them. But after adding second language to windows, it fails to install cumulative updates, ntlite's install updates method also doesn't work and gives this error... Honestly don't care will reinstall windows anyways to try insider builds but it was stupid way to broke a working os.

1689512920677.png

1689512850653.png

1689512956752.png

Attachments

• Windows 11 Install.xml
    17.4 KB
Last edited:
Error 0x800f081f is a DISM fault for missing files.

After you add languages to a live system, Windows is required to re-install the current CU ("always apply languages first" rule). But you made removals, which confuses DISM in this special case.

abbodi86 would know why.

Yes I'm aware of that, but still being not able to apply CU is the stupid thing here. Its interesting still no one was managed to create something to force install updates, bypassing all the issues.

Dynamic Update does that. It knows to re-install CU's if you added languages during Setup (not applied to the image). Now you would think WU could benefit from the same logic. The problem here is we have removals, so DISM is very confused.

Back