Updates issue

CraigR

I have tried to integrate online updates to my windows 10 and I always get an error when adding the "net framework" updates. From messing all day I guess Net framework is something that needs to be installed. If I add the silent install for it I still get that error about the updates. Maybe I'm just too new to this so if somebody can explain to me like I'm 2 years old on how to install net framework and the updates. Thank you ahead of time.

W10 shipped with 4.7.2 or 4.8, depending on your Windows release. If you have no other .NET versions, integrate the current .NET rollup which is KB5004331 (Aug 2021) for the non-preview edition.

Download it from the Microsoft Update Catalog, or NTLite's updates downloader on licensed copies. Add the file to the Updates list.
If you only have the original 4.7.2 or 4.8 distribution, you're done!

What happens if you need to install .NET 5.0? The .NET full installers are self-extracting files, we add them to Post-setup with silent install. You can't integrate 5.0 updates into the image because of that. Don't worry, 5.0 is now released every month so you've got the updated copy.

The rare case is if W10 is extremely old (or running W7-8), and you need 4.8 installed. You install the 4.8 full installer first, then apply NDP48-KB# update (also silent) immediately afterwards. Both cannot be integrated, just installed.

had a look around for net 5 updates a while ago and it seems that the updates ar just an updated net 5 installer. the same files live on George King's page and Update Catalog. the only way to get later nets integrated into an image is to capture, same for c++'s.
the latest version of HandBrake needs net5.

.Nets are an abomination and need to die.

Last edited:
I have tried to integrate online updates to my windows 10 and I always get an error when adding the "net framework" updates. From messing all day I guess Net framework is something that needs to be installed. If I add the silent install for it I still get that error about the updates. Maybe I'm just too new to this so if somebody can explain to me like I'm 2 years old on how to install net framework and the updates. Thank you ahead of time.
Source - toolbar
Tools - Install updates
Add - Latest Online Updates
Press ok on the pre-selected ones
Apply - Process

If it fails, potentially removed components with servicing stack compatibility disabled?
What is the exact error reported, potentially attach %temp%\ntlite.log at the moment of the issue.

Thanks.

If you're trying to update an image, then a similar process:
Source - Load target image (don't select C:\Windows in this case)
Updates page
Apply - Process

W10 shipped with 4.7.2 or 4.8, depending on your Windows release. If you have no other .NET versions, integrate the current .NET rollup which is KB5004331 (Aug 2021) for the non-preview edition.

Download it from the Microsoft Update Catalog, or NTLite's updates downloader on licensed copies. Add the file to the Updates list.
If you only have the original 4.7.2 or 4.8 distribution, you're done!

What happens if you need to install .NET 5.0? The .NET full installers are self-extracting files, we add them to Post-setup with silent install. You can't integrate 5.0 updates into the image because of that. Don't worry, 5.0 is now released every month so you've got the updated copy.

The rare case is if W10 is extremely old (or running W7-8), and you need 4.8 installed. You install the 4.8 full installer first, then apply NDP48-KB# update (also silent) immediately afterwards. Both cannot be integrated, just installed.
I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 with the microsoft media installer and separated out just the pro version. So from what you say is that I already have Net framework 4.8 so why would I get the errors trying to add the framework updates? I do have a lic for the software also. I will go through it again and post a pic of the error.

If you're trying to update an image, then a similar process:
Source - Load target image (don't select C:\Windows in this case)
Updates page
Apply - Process
Well now I feel stupid. This is how I was doing it all day yesterday pulling my hair out with that error and today when I was going to do a screen shot and post it NO errors and everything was fine. I don't know why it was not working yesterday as the only thing different between now and then was a re-boot of my computer. I don't think my computer is under powered.

Just want to say Thank You to all the advise from you guys. Many forums you get told to "read" or something negative. I always try to read and figure it out myself before posting. This is an awesome piece of software also!

The next time you get an integration error, stop and copy the preset & NTLite logs. It's a more conclusive way of helping us check your work.
Generally the updates downloader will pick the right updates.

Back