W11 22H2 Restore Classic File Explorer with Ribbon

DMD61

Any ideas on how to restore it?
The registry keyi that works in the 21H2 version does not work on the new version.
Thank you very much

Any ideas on how to restore it?
The registry keyi that works in the 21H2 version does not work on the new version.
Thank you very much
Do you mean the extended options list when right clicking instead of having the short list and having to click more options?

I am intending this
Screenshot-002.png

Screenshot-001.png

THANKS IT WORKS!!!
I need to find a way to crack a self-extracting file to unserve in the ISO or a batch script with permissions to perform the file replacement in system32.

Screenshot-003.png

just copy the cracked file. and place it inside your iso by exploring mounted content or opening install.wim via 7zip

No need to make it complicated. If you don't have $OEM$ folder from Post-Setup actions, then create sources\$OEM$\$$\System32.
Windows does a direct file copy from the $OEM$ folder.

It would be necessary to protect the modiified file from sfc/ scanowv that from future updates, but I don't know how to do it.

Unfortunately, when you run "sfc /scannow", the dll file is restored.
So the you need to protect the file from replacement, otherwise the method mentioned in the post will not work.

You can't protect replaced files from sfc, which hides the original in WinSxS. You can't replace WinSxS files without changing the manifest, and everything gets re-installed by the monthly CU.

Just re-copy the DLL after every update or sfc scan. Make a short .BAT script:
Code:
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
copy /y \Backup\Folder\ExplorerFrame.dll C:\Windows\System32\ExplorerFrame.dll
explorer

My script doesn't work, it needs TrustedInstaller rights. :(

Download PowerRun, and update the script with folder paths to PowerRun.exe and ExplorerFrame.dll:
Code:
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f > NUL
C:\Users\GARLIN\Downloads\PowerRun.exe cmd.exe /c copy C:\Users\GARLIN\Downloads\ExplorerFrame.dll C:\Windows\System32\ExplorerFrame.dll

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f > NUL

explorer

This might be easier converted to a SFX, if you want it one-click execution.

You can't protect replaced files from sfc, which hides the original in WinSxS. You can't replace WinSxS files without changing the manifest, and everything gets re-installed by the monthly CU.

Just re-copy the DLL after every update or sfc scan. Make a short .BAT script:
Code:
copy /y \Backup\Folder\ExplorerFrame.dll C:\Windows\System32\ExplorerFrame.dll
explorer
This happens only for ".dll" files, for other extensions it seems not.
I have verified this behavior with the classic capture tool, which copies the ".exe" file to the path "C:\Windows\System32" and the ".mui" file to the path "C:\Windows\System32\it-IT" (for my language).
When I make "sfc /scannow" or other updates, these files are not touched.

MUI files are not the executable code, they're just language translations for the dialog. TrustedInstaller only protects important files, otherwise the Administrator role would be useless.

However manual insertion is feasible, with the script I find difficulties.
Anyway beyond these issues of mine, the fundamental question is how to manage to keep the modification stable.

Back