WDS Error 0x80070017 Windows 10 22H2

goldenskl

So I made my image and customized it like I like to do. I finally bought the NT licence so I could remove the components I dont want. Made some others tweaks added unattended script and uploaded the wim to my WDS server like I did for windows 7,8,10 before this version, but whenever I try to install the image I get the error in the title. "Some files might be missing". I have deleted and added the image multiples times, and I get the same error. I even started again from 0 and redid the image again and it still failed the same.

I created a USB with rufus and the image installed fine on 2 different computers and the wds image failed on the same 2 computers.

I integrated a few registry tweaks and updates with ntlite, im wondering if those are the issue. Since wds only takes the wim and maybe ntlite added some sources somewhere else to integrate during install

When NTLite creates an ISO, it's designed around the normal ISO folder structure and the only components external to the WIM's are:
- autounattend.xml
- $OEM$ folder if using Post-Setup commands, or manually copying files

WDS imports the isolated (standalone) install.wim, and provides a server-based unattend.xml. Since there isn't any $OEM$ folder under WDS, all Post-Setup commands will fail. Outside of those, everything should be self-contained in the install WIM.

Are you using a \Windows\Panther\unattend.xml in the image?

When NTLite creates an ISO, it's designed around the normal ISO folder structure and the only components external to the WIM's are:
- autounattend.xml
- $OEM$ folder if using Post-Setup commands, or manually copying files

WDS imports the isolated (standalone) install.wim, and provides a server-based unattend.xml. Since there isn't any $OEM$ folder under WDS, all Post-Setup commands will fail. Outside of those, everything should be self-contained in the install WIM.

Are you using a \Windows\Panther\unattend.xml in the image?
I am not, using the server side option for the unattend but the problem was with adding updates to the iso, the cumulative updates break the install process im not sure why.

Back