What are the required components to browse and map network drives?

PhsMu

Exactly what it says on the tin. I have a Portal Router and it has usb capabilities and I want to put a usb HDD on it. The configuration page says it uses SMB, but not which version, FTP and DLNA.

On the windows side, however, even when I can find the disk, I can't access it, and I have tried a couple different images on a test machine I have here, without success. So I thought to ask. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• LTSC-2104.xml
    72.8 KB
Thanks for the report, will check tomorrow or day after the latest.
Since you already kept the File Sharing compatibility enabled, and I tested your service disabling just now, don't have any other instant-solution ideas so testing is necessary.

Actually managed to try it now.
But I cannot replicate the issue with Windows SMB 2 shares, mapping works fine after applying this preset.

Did you, or can you compare it with an unedited ISO?

Will do so again, the first attempt have windows breaking itself under updates or so. I am in the middle of trying a different preset, but I found that keeping the SMB1 client is enough to make them detectable, but no accessible, trying to map or access the drive gets me an error 0x80070035, which has a ton of fixes on the internet, most useless in my case...

New attempt with a different shared folder returned error code 0x80004005 which is even more vague, and can literally be ANYTHING from DirectX configurations being invalid to a Registry key M$ doesn't like to Incomplete or corrupted updates. Its not even network related.

OK, Default windows freaks out and blocks me from doing ANYTHING at all once I block updates, so I can't even connect to the network, much less browse for anything. Great.

After multiple attempts, managed to make normal windows work... and It also gives me error 0x80070035.

nuhi, the problem seems to be with microsoft itself, not NTLite. Case closed.

Last edited:
Ok, after quite a bit of research, I stumbled on this:

If you use anonymous access to connect NAS or other computers, you need to enable the insecure guest logon policy. In Windows 1803/1709 it blocks access to shared network folders over the SMB 2.0 protocol under an anonymous (guest) account. To do this, in the Windows 10 Local Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), enable the Enable insecure guest logons policy in the GPO section: Computer Configuration -> Administrative templates -> Network -> Lanman Workstation.

1619200372623.png
and it seems to work, well, at least the shares are not returning that error anymore. Now is a matter of trying it on a new, clean image, since I have done a lot of testing to arrive on a working configuration.

Back