What components are related to the customization of Windows 10?

JamessJ

I find myself modifying windows 10 however I do not know which component does not allow me to open the windows 10 settings or the windows icon

Removing several components can break the Start Menu, or System Settings. The list is too long.
If you don't disable Compatibility mode, NTLite warns you when it's not safe to remove a required package.

Someone can provide feedback if you shared a preset.

Removing several components can break the Start Menu, or System Settings. The list is too long.
If you don't disable Compatibility mode, NTLite warns you when it's not safe to remove a required package.

Someone can provide feedback if you shared a preset.
can you send me the full list

Just cross check pre defined component package templates as suggested by garlin to me some months ago .
Start with "Green" = Privacy the best of the best template i found . After that start removing more but pl never ever touch "Red" marked components . you can also cross check each & every component package description on right side of package name. & its dependency too next right side.
after some days of your research you will be able to do much much more according to your needs.

See why sharing presets is not good as needs differ for every user Scenario . so its best to do it yourself & enjoy using this Top Notch Windows Offline Image Lightning tool ie NTLite.

When I said list, it's more figurative. Whenever a compatibility issue is identified, it gets added to NTLite's own list.
If you got a preset, attach it. Or search previous threads and see how it was resolved.

Make sure the OOBE compatibility is turned on (Components - toolbar - Compatibility).
That said, if it still happens, preset please.

Back