When using remove reinstalls for the first time after installing Windows 11, it hangs at 0%

when using remove reinstalls for the first time after installing windows 11, it hangs at 0%.

also, when using remove reinstalls and when it isn't hanging at 0%, ntlite asks to manually disable tamper protection to be able to remove windows defender, and after clicking yes, a window appears saying to search for an app in the microsoft store to open windows defender as if windows defender was already removed and there was no associated app to open it. this makes no sense since how can i manually disable tamper protection if windows defender was already supposedly removed (even thought it's still running since it blocks downloads and files)?

Last edited:
Let me know if the new version is better in this regard.
As for 0% hanged, does it resolve on its own or permanently stuck?
If so, can I see the %temp%\ntlite.log at that moment.

Thanks.

Let me know if the new version is better in this regard.
As for 0% hanged, does it resolve on its own or permanently stuck?
If so, can I see the %temp%\ntlite.log at that moment.

Thanks.

when i have the hang issue, it's permanently stuck. when i have that issue again, i'll send you the log, then.

also, when using remove reinstalls and when it isn't hanging at 0%, ntlite still asks to manually disable tamper protection to be able to remove windows defender, and after clicking yes, a window appears saying to search for an app in the microsoft store to open windows defender as if windows defender was already removed and there was no associated app to open it. this makes no sense since how can i manually disable tamper protection if windows defender was already supposedly removed (even though it's still running since it blocks downloads and files)?

edit: i forgot to say that i often have issues during the process of removing/configuring things (after clicking apply), like windows regarding ntlite appearing and talking about errors. when that happens, i unload the image, delete all of its files, extract the files of the iso image again and begin the process again. should one always delete the extracted image files if using ntlite afterwards and extract the files of the iso image again, regardless if he/she had any issue or not the previous time he/she used ntlite?

Last edited:
Me too. It has something to do with Windows cleanup feature to do - like something is'nt washed out.
I restart and start NTL again and it go through with Remove Installs - or in my case i just run my preset.
After updating my best guess is, that one have to restart two times before run NTL RemoveReinstalls and it should be good.

Me too. It has something to do with Windows cleanup feature to do - like something is'nt washed out.
I restart and start NTL again and it go through with Remove Installs - or in my case i just run my preset.
After updating my best guess is, that one have to restart two times before run NTL RemoveReinstalls and it should be good.

that's another thing. it sometimes launches disk cleanup. i don't know if that only happens when using remove reinstalls for the first time after installing windows. what's the difference between using remove reinstalls, loading the preset or using host refresh? i guess one must have to restart the PC when remove reinstall is hanging and that has been happening to me when using remove reinstalls for the first time after installing windows.

RemoveInstalls does not take Settings into account - it does your preset where they are set - perhaps a bit exaggerated, as your settings should work on original installation - even after updates.

When you install updates, any Windows package can specify what registry settings it wants to change. Neither Windows or NTLite will make a backup copy of the current registry. For many reasons, it's too complicated to track registry changes, just so you can "undo" the update's changes.

You live with having to re-apply some tweaks -- or stop updating. It's not a perfect world.

When you install updates, any Windows package can specify what registry settings it wants to change. Neither Windows or NTLite will make a backup copy of the current registry. For many reasons, it's too complicated to track registry changes, just so you can "undo" the update's changes.

You live with having to re-apply some tweaks -- or stop updating. It's not a perfect world.

so, you think one should load the preset in ntlite instead of using remove reinstalls after installing a cu?

Last edited:
Back