Why Snip & Sketch isn't working

kboudini

Hi everyone, does someone can help me please ? Snip & Sketch isn't working with this preset, I tried changing a lot of stuff, creating new iso, but I dont know what are braking snip & sketch (win + shift + s).

Attachments

• 1690993838881.png
    1690993838881.png
    108.4 KB
  • PRESET TEST 1.xml
    27.4 KB
Yeah, I was on my preset and everything was working, but I added txmmy preset and Unfortunately snip&sketch are not working anymore :(
I'm looking for less latency

I've taken the txmmy preset, changed the unattended file, built it and since snip & sketch no longer work, I've reactivated some options in the hope that snip will work again.

I've taken the txmmy preset, changed the unattended file, built it and since snip & sketch no longer work, I've reactivated some options in the hope that snip will work again.
They mean you forgot to attach your preset to the first post. Nobody can help until it's available.

PATIENCE please. what must be remembered is that the people here are on different timezones and have day jobs. just by adding ' someone ? ' does not automatically mean it will be looked at straight away.

try
<Tweak name="Keyboard\PrintScreenKeyForSnippingEnabled">0</Tweak>
</TweakGroup> to 1

Disabling ShellComponents removes the Windows Feature Experience Pack:
Code:
<Feature name="Windows.Client.ShellComponents~~~~0.0.1.0">false</Feature>

If you don't recognize a required Feature or component name -- then DON'T REMOVE IT.

No probs, we have too many people expecting things to be done yesterday, and if we could work miracles for everyone we would

We have too many people at the random fiddling stage... If you're guessing what to remove without a plan, then take responsibility for doing your own testing. Every time you make a set of changes, limit yourself to only few changes. When it breaks, you should recognize the last set of changes which broke Windows.

You may not understand why it broke, but that you shouldn't remove it. Then is the right time, to ask why that removal is important.

While I agree with the "do your own reserearch/testing" concept, he said he added Txmmy's preset, and the GamerOS disables the shellcomponent feature. In addition, there's several unsolved Snip/Sketch threads, plus requests for help on the GamerOS thread, and this feature has never been identified anywhere on the forum as a culprit.

I'm building the iso, if it works, I'll let you know, it may also help those who are stuck like me, thanks everyone for the help.

This is a clean W11, but DISM /online /remove-capability Windows.Client.ShellComponents does this:

1691007836302.png

Why do you have so many superseded Updates? They're cumulative, you only keep the most recent ones.

Back