Win 7/10/11 applying updates for all editions?

x16

Hi,

i have 2 questions:

1. When i load a clean Win7 image and i load alle updates for home edition in nLite, is then the pro edition updated too? Or have i do the update process for all editions?

2. I load Win11 image with all editions, i doubleclick on pro edition and nlite converts it to wim. After that all other edition are gone. So i have to make different folders on my drive withe the same clean win11 image. One for home, one for pro and so on. Isn't it possible to get the editions back in nlite, so i just can use one folder for all editions?

Thank you

you can update the image and ALL editions on it, without losing any.

Lets start with the 2nd issue first. start with a CLEAN windows 11 ISO.
Load up that image through ntlite and add the updates.
When you get to the screen that says APPLY, take these following steps....

1) click Save the image, NOT save the image and trim editions
2) LEAVE the remove non essential editions box alone
3) leave the image format as it is ( for now )
4 ) under reapply tasks across editions , click intergrate - updates
click the box until a tick is there for the editions you want the updates applied to ( or just click the box and have all ticked )
5) start the process off.

It will take some time, but it will update all editions on the iso

re: the windows 7 issue.

IF you follow the same steps as above but with the windows 7 iso, it should update all images on the iso too

I load Win11 image with all editions, i doubleclick on pro edition and nlite converts it to wim. After that all other edition are gone. So i have to make different folders on my drive withe the same clean win11 image. One for home, one for pro and so on. Isn't it possible to get the editions back in nlite, so i just can use one folder for all editions?
W10/11 images created by MCT tool are saved as ESD format (to save space).
W10/11 images downloaded thru the web are in WIM format.

NTLite and DISM cannot edit images in ESD format, those must be first converted to WIM. You can use the web download, or convert the existing ESD version to WIM.

When you load an edition from the normal ESD, NTLite discards the other editions to get you started quickly. Otherwise you will have to wait a long time for ESD->WIM conversion. But you can do this step manually.

1. Extract ISO to a target folder. From NTLite, add this ISO folder.
2. Select the ESD image, right-menu -> Export to WIM
3. Find a snack and come back later.
4. Move the install.wim into the ISO folder's \sources directory. Delete the install.esd
5. Return to the image folder, right-menu -> Forget this folder
6. Add the same folder again. Now you will have all editions available to apply updates in parallel (as written in Taosd's answer).

Thank you very much. I'm tring right now.
But one question for this point: "4 ) under reapply tasks across editions , click intergrate - updates"
Shell i chose boot.wim for "Windows Setup" and "Windows PE", too? Or only for the normal windows editions?

Generally, Windows updates don't need to be applied to both Windows Setup or Windows PE.

OK it works, but why can't i use the outounattend.xml for all editions? The checkbox for this is grayed out.
Maybee for this i need to mount all other editions? But i can mount only 1 edition at a time.

Attachments

• nlite1.JPG
    nlite1.JPG
    119.4 KB
  • nlite.JPG
    nlite.JPG
    455.5 KB
There is only one autounattend.xml for the entire ISO, it applies to all editions. When you have multiple editions, under the Unattend menu bar check "Prompt edition selection" to allow the user to choose which one.

Back