Win10 1903 and 4524570

Bournesup

I am still using windows 7 pro and plan to upgrade soon. However, I am having poor luck with the recent upgrade from 1903 to 1909. I realize that there are limitations with windows 7 when integrating updates. So my approach was to use the non license version of Ntlite in a virtual environment, then use my licensed version in windows 7 host environmnent. I use virtual box which prohibits me from using Ntlite it in a virtual environment without activation.

1st question
Will using a non licensed version in a virtual environment to integrate the updates have any impact when the licensed version is used to customize the ISO
Here is the list of updates that was integrated.
  1. 4497165
  2. 4516115
  3. 4519573
  4. 4524570
  5. 4530743
Attached preset shows the customization used for the licensed version. Yes, the licensed was renewed July 31st, 2019.

The integration and customization completes with no errors

2nd question
I am asked to reintegrate 4524570 when checking for updates in a virtual environment, which resets some of windows components. Noticably, cortana!

Anyone else experiencing this phenomena.

Hi,

you can integrate updates with any combination, and reuse that ISO freely.
It is also possible to activate on a VM once, and keep that VM in its original form, on the same host, it should keep its activation even when reinstalled.
At least on VMWare it works like that.

Try not using Clean Updates, not sure why would WU detect that the update is missing, something was removed too much for it.
Potentially try DISM cleanup next time, if it errors out, ignore it, that just means too many pending tasks for it - planning a workaround for that - maybe don't configure any Features.

Regardless, there will be next month's update, thus you need to know about Remove Reinstalls necessity.
After each update, please run, even on unactivated tool, if you have internet, Source - Tools (toolbar) - Remove Reinstalls, that will re-remove Cortana and the rest that got returned.

[I was just writing a reply, usually I don't do much replying during the weekend]

Thank-you for your reply.

For cleaning I pick none. I did not experience any errors, nor the return of cortana. Windows did report the successful upgrade to win 10 1909

Back