Win10 19045.2193 NTLite preset crash during reboot installation

wazer

So decided to use my old preset from a Windows 10 Professional (21H2) x64 - 10.0.19044.1826 (da-DK) for 19045.2193 version using uup https://uupdump.net/selectlang.php?id=bfbeb0e2-1f9f-44ca-9337-eeb16c6862fd

During installation and the reboot while the windows logo spinning it crashes saying reinstall and giving no choice but reboot and redo over

With the uup I picked Danish language only and picked 10 pro only and on the last page I checked

Include updates (Windows converter only)
Run component cleanup (Windows converter only)
Integrate .NET Framework 3.5 (Windows converter only)

Attachments

• Auto-saved a6b51da8.xml
    31.3 KB
nuhi There also seems to be some problems with detection or what version it is?
Just grabbed another iso and ntlite want to treat it as 19041 instead of 19045?

which then put it as windows 10 pro 2004? hmmmmmmm

vJeWBMw.png

yb1fel3.png

Your mounted image show 19045 and NTL presented updates shall be taken with a grant of salt for W10 with all the Enablement Packages.
Updates shown, is for all builds from 19041 to 19045.

22H2 was just released this month. I expect this to be lazy copy/paste from the 20H2/21H1/21H2 update list.

Not true - have here in september.
Presets have to be updated to match what's used to be if upgrade to 22H2 - no doubt.
GPO's used in 10 have to be revised as many new and some deprecated.

22H2 was officially released Oct 18, 2022. I'm not talking about Preview availability.
There is no official CU until next month's Patch Tuesday (Nov 22).

NTLite update lists are made by nuhi. There is no magical "engine", I have to ping him sometimes.

Windows 10 current versions by servicing option

Servicing channels​

VersionServicing optionAvailability dateLatest revision dateLatest buildEnd of servicing: Home, Pro, Pro Education and Pro for WorkstationsEnd of servicing: Enterprise, Education and IoT Enterprise
22H2
General Availability Channel​
2022-10-182022-10-1819045.21302024-05-142025-05-13
21H2
General Availability Channel​
2021-11-162022-10-2819044.21942023-06-132024-06-11
21H1
Semi-Annual Channel​
2021-05-182022-10-2819043.21942022-12-132022-12-13
20H2
Semi-Annual Channel​
2020-10-202022-10-2819042.2194End of servicing2023-05-09

Preview is not topic- maybe officially released 18/10 for 22H2 on MS update rotation.
UUP don't show the 521 as a preview from september be the first MCT?
No moment (2) aka insider.
Skærmbillede 2022-10-29 235702.png

Admitted - it's very confusing with the 22H2 regarding both 10 and 11 - like MS want to separate users.
This is actually a problem, if a corporation want to control the ordinary consumer using their product.

After digging, Oct 22 Preview and Oct 22 Out-of-Band (which replaced Preview) are both listed on Catalog with entries for 22H2.
Since they're essentially Preview, MS hasn't declared them on the Servicing Channel page.

Most users don't realize (20H2, 21H1, 21H2) are the same Windows base platform for monthly CU, and I expect 22H2 to be grouped with them when November's updates are announced. 1904x version tracks the UI/app layer change, so the CU's major number stays 19041.

While NTLite is correct, it's technically premature for another week or so. /nitpick

@wazer. is the issue still present, can I try to debug your preset?

Regarding update versions:
Versions are read directly from the package itself.
So if it says 19041, it is that.
You can open the CAB/MSU file with 7-zip and read from updates.mum file.

19045 is 19041+KB5015684

Similar is with Windows 11, being 10.22000.
That is because Microsoft priorities compatibility over beauty, and last Windows were not as last as planned.

Do let me know if you see potential for improvement in displaying versions.

@wazer. is the issue still present, can I try to debug your preset?

Regarding update versions:
Versions are read directly from the package itself.
So if it says 19041, it is that.
You can open the CAB/MSU file with 7-zip and read from updates.mum file.

19045 is 19041+KB5015684

Similar is with Windows 11, being 10.22000.
That is because Microsoft priorities compatibility over beauty, and last Windows were not as last as planned.

Do let me know if you see potential for improvement in displaying versions.
I wanted to redo a test to be sure its not working, now I'm locked out of the image.

What I did was load it up, adding wished drivers, but I was too tired to continue working with it yesterday, so I decided just to hit save and keep it mounted.

Today starting it up and trying to load the image it say's this.

g8uYSwS.png

Seems like the mount was ruined somehow.
Potentially C:\wiso was deleted after the reboot, or aborted it in half-save.
Doesn't matter the exact reason if it's not happening again, it's not something that the tool does on its own, unless it's a new thing.

Keep me updated, please unload that, delete and copy fresh files, try again.

Seems like the mount was ruined somehow.
Potentially C:\wiso was deleted after the reboot, or aborted it in half-save.
Doesn't matter the exact reason if it's not happening again, it's not something that the tool does on its own, unless it's a new thing.

Keep me updated, please unload that, delete and copy fresh files, try again.
Alright so I did a 100% clean one again and did one initial setup with ntlite, now testing in virtualbox and getting nvstor.sys bsod

I have attached the xml file, only removing the pass editing it with text REDACTED

WLAGrKX.png

Also When I add the very same edited version into ntlite again without touching any setting and going to apply I see it wants to remove additional 4 things + it wants to integrate a driver I explicit said not to include in the first initial run ?

ajRjoE5.png

Attachments

• Auto-saved cbc50f22.xml
    31.5 KB
Last edited:
Hi,
Alright so I did a 100% clean one again and did one initial setup with ntlite, now testing in virtualbox and getting nvstor.sys bsod

I have attached the xml file, only removing the pass editing it with text REDACTED
Have you tested the full ISO in the same machine and didn't saw that error?
I don't see anything in the preset that could have caused it, most likely a Virtual Box (or VM setup) issue.

Even though not in the preset, make sure not to integrate nvstor driver.

Also When I add the very same edited version into ntlite again without touching any setting and going to apply I see it wants to remove additional 4 things + it wants to integrate a driver I explicit said not to include in the first initial run ?
Autoloading of presets can be turned off in File - Settings, if it's confusing.
Sometimes it is, as they are loaded after the image, if the previously used preset for that image is found.
It cannot have something you didn't save, more likely cause is that there are two presets, and the autosaved one from previous sessions had these items.
However, if it keeps bugging you, let me know how to replicate the removed items being readded when preset is saved.

Hi,

Have you tested the full ISO in the same machine and didn't saw that error?
I don't see anything in the preset that could have caused it, most likely a Virtual Box (or VM setup) issue.

Even though not in the preset, make sure not to integrate nvstor driver.

Autoloading of presets can be turned off in File - Settings, if it's confusing.
Sometimes it is, as they are loaded after the image, if the previously used preset for that image is found.
It cannot have something you didn't save, more likely cause is that there are two presets, and the autosaved one from previous sessions had these items.
However, if it keeps bugging you, let me know how to replicate the removed items being readded when preset is saved.
I ran it again and it removed those 4 listed under the screenshot, so these where not removed on first initiate run of ntlite, also testing it on live version those 4 where also shown and could be removed by ntlite after, so ntlite does definitely not remove those with the preset I created even tho they should have been removed.

I have "only" used 1 preset nothing has been mixed.

I have attached the uup I used, simply run it and create the image file by using any of the scripts inside I'm on windows and use uup_download_windows.cmd

The none unedited version in virtualbox does not throw nvstor.sys error only after being in the mix with ntlite, I have not touched any settings nor drivers integration for nvidia or anything related to nvstor.sys under extra settings as you can already see in the preset I attached.

Proof:
zwQOyZp.png

Attachments

• 19045.2194_amd64_da-dk_professional_1617284e_convert.zip
    6.8 KB
OK, in that case I'll be testing this tomorrow.
Thanks for the feedback.

OK, in that case I'll be testing this tomorrow.
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm doing multiple test now, the first run I first selected privacy to remove, then gaming and lite in the same sessions, Now I'm trying each individually to see if it has any effect, each time using a fresh image, unedited iso.

Okay so something is definitely wrong, the files being removed is not always the same size, doing another reload of the already ntlite versions shows the first issues I talked about driver it wants to include and components its still wants to remove after it "should" already be removed.

Re-applying the removeal presets, privacy,gaming,lite in the same "second session" as the video shows covers 2 more that apparantly was not removed and that is Windows Mail and Wallet Service, which also should have been remove during the first initiate attempt.

So in total 6 components that should have been removed/deleted trace off.

Cumulative Update cache (LCU)
IKE and AuthIPsec Keying Modules
Manifest Backup (WinSxS\Backup)
Static Font Cache
Wallet Service
Windows Mail

Only reason of that I could think of why they would not be "removed" in first sessions is that they are protecting removeal of something else that would break?

But that would still not make sense to why loading up the session once again with the edited image would all of sudden give access to remove them now?

I think something fishy is going on here, I hope its a bug and I'm not going insane :)

Video

Last edited:
OK, tested the preset above on the 19045.2194 da-dk professional, and no errors installing in VirtualBox-7.0.2-154219 EFI machine.

Only difference that I can think of is the drivers being integrated that are in the preset and I didn't use them.
Can you retry fresh, without the drivers only (load preset then go to the drivers page and remove them before applying).

Then if it works, copy that working edited ISO folder aside and add more and more drivers until we see that's the cause and which one.
But since NTLite treats all drivers the same, it must be a Windows compatibility issue, in which case you could remove existing driver that you want to upgrade, for them not to clash - we can go into details if it turns out necessary.

Thanks.

OK, tested the preset above on the 19045.2194 da-dk professional, and no errors installing in VirtualBox-7.0.2-154219 EFI machine.

Only difference that I can think of is the drivers being integrated that are in the preset and I didn't use them.
Can you retry fresh, without the drivers only (load preset then go to the drivers page and remove them before applying).

Then if it works, copy that working edited ISO folder aside and add more and more drivers until we see that's the cause and which one.
But since NTLite treats all drivers the same, it must be a Windows compatibility issue, in which case you could remove existing driver that you want to upgrade, for them not to clash - we can go into details if it turns out necessary.

Thanks.
I thought I already mentioned this, my bad. It gave error once the first time and why I dont know?, but the removing components parts not all parts being removed when selected first time, what about that?

Back