Win10 CU KB4088776 fails to install on 1709

Dear Nuhi,
yesterday I tried to updated my latest NTLited installation (preset attached) with KB4088776 but without positive results. DISM integration fails with attached logs.
Can you please check it and see if it is possible to fix it?

Thank you,
Fil

Attachments

• WIn10_16299_v14.xml
    24.1 KB
  • logs.7z
    478.7 KB
Hi, it's complaining about RemoteFX component (driver) missing.
Only way to fix it, other than reinstall, is the Host Refresh wizard, you won't lose any installed apps, it just takes a bit longer to process.
Don't forget to add the latest CU and updates, and the preset you want applied, otherwise it will just install full Windows.

As for fixing this for the next time, can I take your preset and use it on full preintegrated .251, then after install try installing .309 and it should break?

Btw I also remove RemoteFX, and have a very lite OS, my .309 installed fine - but it's all about the combinations.

Let me know if you have any questions about the process.

Thank Nuhi,
It is strange as I do not think I ever removed remotefx driver or component.
You can check and use the attached preset, starting with a 251 updated iso.

Moreover I would like to tell you this: if i run msu package directly, no error is given but it looks to me that update is not installed. Build number remains 251. While, if I run dism, I get the arror as above.

Please keep me update about this.
Fil

Then it could be update cleanup, will know more when this is analyzed and if replicated.

I suggest to proceed with Host Refresh, no harm will be done and it's good to rebase with it from time to time.

Yeah, fixed that UI glitch in the next update, out on Monday, thanks for reporting anyway.

Nuhi,
Today I tried a new image, integrating all packages from NTlite and executing reset base from within Windows. Moreover I removed RemoteFX which was causing issues with my previous setup and CU install. As a result, even latest CU is installing fine.
If you could not replicate my issue, do not worry, I can now use this new setup.

Fil

Dear Nuhi,
today I tried once again to create an image (Win10 LTSB 2016) and later to install latest CU. I had to keep RemoteFX as it it necessary to run RDP and, once again, I get failure when installing CU online.
This is a big issue for me at the moment, as I cannot manage to use NTLited images, I really need your help to fix this.

Attached is my preset, ISO was original one. CU which fails to install is kb4093119.
I also attached dism.log and CBS.log.

I am available to make all possible tests to help fixing this.

Fil

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {46AB3FBD-7D0E-4865-8420-D2FEA56A86A0}.xml
    23.4 KB
  • logs.7z
    3.6 MB
Fixed in 6174, at least in part. Filippotosi and I could not agree on some other results :)
If anyone has a cumulative update issue (with WU compatibility enabled), please open a new topic with the preset.
Thanks!

Back