Windows 10 automatically installed avast after installing

After integrating the last update and tweaking it disabling everything I saw about installing apps and crap, W10 installed avast by himself after installing it. Did I miss the option somewhere or is it a new "feature" of MS?

I attach the presets I used.

Sponsored apps, suggested apps, preinstalled apps and preinstalled OEM apps are all disabled. Thats all about installing apps which is what I was refering too. Thats why I ask cause Idk what else to disable to prevent something like this to install itself.

Seeing as Avast have bought Piriform(CCleaner, Speccy, Defraggler), i would check/look out for those being installed too, or their web installers.

I did install CCleaner but I didnt see anything related with avast. I just reinstalled ccleaner to check but I havent seen anything either. It was probably ccleaner, but I dont know how.

CCleaner 5.42 installer includes an Avast option, bottom left. Tip, CCleaner Speccy and DEfraggler all work well Protable. Extract the installer with 7zip, all you need is the 32 or 64bit exe and language file, english 1033 is the default so if you dont need any other language just use the executable.
avast.JPG

Last edited:
Back