Windows 10 LTSB - Sysprep OOBE, Generalize selected and Reboot Loop

Gotas

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 LTSB install, and run Sysprep with OOBE and Generalize selected, and when booted goes into infinite boot loop. Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

Hi Gotas,
did you remove any components or it's just an updated OS and you wonder in general regarding Windows behavior?
If you did remove some, feel free to attach the preset and I'll test it to find the culprit.

Hi Nuhi, I'll tell you.
First I used NTLite to remove Edge, Windows Defender and other components, after doing all my configuration with NTLite, I wanted to do sysprep with the modified OS, then the only configurations that I did inside the system was to remove the dmwappushservice service, remove sources from the folder "Fonts", deactivate the Windows Firewall service, and make some personal "Configuration" settings such as deactivating the VPN, etc.
After doing all that (I made these changes in audit mode), I executed sysprep, fast configuration of OOBE - generalize and shut down, then I captured the image, I converted it into an ISO file.
At the moment of installing the modified OS, and when it arrives in the part of "Privacy" that part, and stays in "One moment" then it restarts and again the "Privacy" option appears.

One more thing when I opened a program and came out the message of control of user accounts, and I give change settings, does not open directly the control of user accounts, I have to go to control panel and from there change the configuration of UAC.

Last edited:
It appears that the dmwappushservice needs to be started in order for sysprep to complete properly. Source
in this case sysprep does not have a problem, the problem here is after installing the modified OS, you can not create a user profile, it only stays in the "Privacy" part and after completing that part, it loads a moment and then it restarts and again the option to configure "Privacy" appears

I would be very much interested in that preset where WMP is needed for Sysprep.

Thanks guys.

Back