Windows 11 2359 (Insider Preview): Error Menu Start

clarensio

for Garlin e Nuhi et All :)

I have been using my preset for over a year now (attached) to prepare the Professional and Enterprise company versions (they are born from the same preset).

With this preset - I repeat that I have been using NTLite for over a year - up to the Win11 2215 version there were no problems with any User or with any Software (take my word for it but you can always check it from the preset.

With the new Win11 2359 version I encountered problems with the Start menu not "working".

I would like to point out that, as always, I prepared the native ISO from UUPDump (... by the way, it "changed" the URL a few days ago...) by modifying the preparation settings (ConvertConfig.ini) in this way:
SkipEdge =2​
AppsLevel =1​

These settings are also standard for me, in order not to have Microsoft Edge or any Apps in the native ISO; Microsoft Store is “deleted” via NTLite.

Well, here is the problem which, in my opinion, needs to be "monitored" in NTLite:
the KB5030310 update, which increases the version to 2359, has modified the interaction parameters (at least with my Preset from this version 2359) with NTLite at the start menu level.

As proof of this, on the installed version 2215 - version obtained from my attached preset - I proceeded with the proposed updates and their completion: upon restart (resulting in the upgrade to version 2359 -> Upg KB5030310) the Start menu did not work; clicking on the taskbar icon had no effect!!!

In conclusion, it being understood that KB5030310 could have "problems", as it is still Insider Preview, but I believe that a preventive investigation can be done.

In my humble opinion, this Upg introduces changes that (in light of the attached preset) require, perhaps, a different NTLite interaction or, and here, my attention to any errors that were highlighted to me in the preset which, I repeat for the umpteenth time , so far it hasn't caused any problems for users...

Thanks to everyone and I await news from the "Technicians/Developers" more capable than me.

PS: I apologize for the translation, the result of haste...

Attachments

• Autosalvataggio 83c2d882.xml
    49 KB
Last edited:
Thanks for the report.
Please try latest version (2023.9.9419+), fixed Insider Hub removal on preview versions.

Thanks for the report.
Please try latest version (2023.9.9419+), fixed Insider Hub removal on preview versions.
It works perfectly!!!

Thank you

PS: I wanted to point out to you (I think it had already been mentioned...) that the new item [Windows Backup] has appeared in the Start menu and it wouldn't be bad to be able to manage it (like the other Apps???) in NTLite.

Thanks again for your prompt availability

Attachments

• Win_Backup.png
    Win_Backup.png
    273.7 KB
Windows Backup is part of Client.CBS, same annoyance as Get Started. You can hide it, but it will return after future CU updates.

That new backup will be removable in the near future, depends only if it breaks updating if it will go into WU compat.
Remove Reinstalls will be needed after the updates, that is already the case with some of them so not important specifically.
The delay in this case is that MS merged many components into one, making it a bit more of a manual process like in the old days.
Was hoping they will split it before full release, but seems they decided to keep it as such which makes my job a bit more difficult.

Back