Windows 11 23H2 ISO too large

Hello. I edited windows 11 22H2 image yesterday and today decided to make 23H2 image. Thing is I had an update from NTlite which I did and after that created the iso. I use Gaming preset and after that I remove few stuff like Microsoft Edge, Defender, etc. I relised that image was 4.9 Gb when process finished, with the same tweaks I had around 2.9 GB images like the one 22H2 image of Windows 11. What could be wrong? Thanks

W11 23H2 has a reported ISO size problem, caused by MS including two different versions of Edge WebView2 software.

Install the latest NTLite v2023.11.9514, and try removing the WebView2 components. This should help the image shrink in size. Don't forget to compress to ESD format after you're done testing the image, and feel it works.

W11 23H2 has a reported ISO size problem, caused by MS including two different versions of Edge WebView2 software.

Install the latest NTLite v2023.11.9514, and try removing the WebView2 components. This should help the image shrink in size. Don't forget to compress to ESD format after you're done testing the image, and feel it works.
DId all that but image size remains the same. Probably is some issue with latest NTLite. I dont know if I can download previous version from anywhere?

Hello. I edited windows 11 22H2 image yesterday and today decided to make 23H2 image. Thing is I had an update from NTlite which I did and after that created the iso. I use Gaming preset and after that I remove few stuff like Microsoft Edge, Defender, etc. I relised that image was 4.9 Gb when process finished, with the same tweaks I had around 2.9 GB images like the one 22H2 image of Windows 11. What could be wrong? Thanks
Is the issue with NTLite or the difference of new Windows?

If you think it's NTLite, please attach the preset for me to test and tell me which versions to compare.

Is the issue with NTLite or the difference of new Windows?

If you think it's NTLite, please attach the preset for me to test and tell me which versions to compare.
Not issue with windows version but with Ntlite. Used previous version of NTlite and iso size was 2.9 Gb, with latest NTlite same preferences in the iso it was 4.9 Gb. Not anything in particular, only Gaming preset and removed ms edge and one drive.

With that big of a difference, it must be that when it was 2.9 GB, the Servicing Stack compatibility was turned off.
Try it (with latest version always), in Components - toolbar - Compatibility.
That enables deep removals, aka WinSxS cleanup.

That's just about space, functionally the same. WinSxS copies are needed for Windows Update.

With that big of a difference, it must be that when it was 2.9 GB, the Servicing Stack compatibility was turned off.
Try it (with latest version always), in Components - toolbar - Compatibility.
That enables deep removals, aka WinSxS cleanup.

That's just about space, functionally the same. WinSxS copies are needed for Windows Update.
maybe it was in previous version of NTlite, I am not experienced that much, bought the licence last week :D

in the end with two versions of Ntlite, same windows I get different sizes of iso with same tweaks. don't get me wrong, I write just to let you know about that. thanks for your hard work :)
Thanks, but it was replied to in the post #7 above, and I would need specifics (versions compared and preset to consider a bug after replicating).
Potentially you're comparing some years ago old version that would break Windows Updates, now newer ones you can choose WinSxS cleanup or Windows Update compatibility.

Note that you can still update via host refresh with deeper removals.
Please re-read the #7 post and actually try it.

Back