Windows 11 23H2 supported?

This error indicates you've corrupted the SYSTEM registry hive. Post your preset (after removing any user passwords or license key).

Here it is, I have redacted the product key.

Mod note:
Actually you didn't, but I fixed this copy.

Attachments

• Auto-saved a39bd457.xml
    14.4 KB
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anything weird, especially if the preset worked for W10/11. You might have a corrupted copy of 23H2? Try downloading it again.

I checked the ISO and the checksum matches.
I tried re-creating the ISO, but this time, not converting the WIM to ESD and now it is working, so it looks like something went wrong when converting it to ESD.
Thank you

I checked the ISO and the checksum matches.
I tried re-creating the ISO, but this time, not converting the WIM to ESD and now it is working, so it looks like something went wrong when converting it to ESD.
Thank you
I experienced this error too with Windows 11 23H2 when converting WIM to ESD. Not having any problem with 22H2. Any update on this?

What are the specific problems? Does it error in the conversion process, or the final image is uninstallable?
Are you converting a single or multi-edition WIM file?

What are the specific problems? Does it error in the conversion process, or the final image is uninstallable?
Are you converting a single or multi-edition WIM file?
The final image is uninstallable. It got stucked at 78%. And when I revert it back to WIM file (the uninstallable ESD file itself), the installation goes through. I am converting a single WIM file.

I converted a single-edition 23H2 Pro to ESD format, and it installed fine. That's interesting you said converting the same ESD back to WIM works again, which suggests the image's file contents are valid, but the extraction by Setup is failing.

I converted a single-edition 23H2 Pro to ESD format, and it installed fine. That's interesting you said converting the same ESD back to WIM works again, which suggests the image's file contents are valid, but the extraction by Setup is failing.
An untouched WIM when converted to ESD format works fine but when I remove components which I always did to any other editions, only this 23H2 fails in installation process. What I am wondering is that why the modified WIM works but install/setup fails at 78% when converted to ESD?

Last edited:
Back