Windows 11 DCSVC Service?

Farhan

I recently found a new service in Windows 11 DCSVC "Declared Configuration(DC) service".
I tired to search in google about this service, but nothing useful found.
I disabled it and havent seen any issue yet. anyone knows what this service does?

I recently found a new service in Windows 11 DCSVC "Declared Configuration(DC) service".
I tired to search in google about this service, but nothing useful found.
I disabled it and havent seen any issue yet. anyone knows what this service does?

google is your friend, if you ask the right way....

The "Declared Configuration(DC) service" (dcsvc) is a legitimate service under Windows 10 and Windows 11. It runs the native svchost.exe process using the %SystemRoot%\System32\dcsvc.dll library, which is a part of Windows.

google is your friend, if you ask the right way....

The "Declared Configuration(DC) service" (dcsvc) is a legitimate service under Windows 10 and Windows 11. It runs the native svchost.exe process using the %SystemRoot%\System32\dcsvc.dll library, which is a part of Windows.

its obvious that its part of windows, but it doesnt tell what it does.

according to my computer it is dependent on the Remote Procedure Call. ( DCOM Server Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper )

all i know is, mine is set to manual, and i have had far less DCOM events

21H2 RTM doesn't have dcsvc.dll, it was stealth released in KB5016691 (Aug 22 Preview). Therefore, it's probably optional.

Back