Windows 11 Hide Updates in Settings

Nikanor

Hello, I would like to add a HIDE item to the updates tab itself, so that, like in group policy, Hide so that your eyes are not an eyesore in the new parameters! Sorry, I am writing through a translator, but I hope that they understood me!

Last edited:
Nikanor you joined this forum on June 22nd 2019 and have 40 posts so you know well enough by now that this is an english language forum and we know that your english is good

so we can only assume that your posting in Russian(?) was an oversight so please translate post no1 into english as soon as you can please.
This is a friendly request, the next time wont be so friendly. Hello, I'm sorry but I kind of wrote in English

You are saying the word "Updates" but the screenshot is from the "System" page and is pointing to "Power & battery" settings.

Are you wanting to hide the clickable bar that is highlighted in light grey in that screenshot, meaning in this example the "Power & battery" bar would disappear? If so, the term you are looking for is URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) and can be handled with registry edits as you mentioned.

If what I'm saying is what you are after, then I also think what you are asking is if all the URI tweaks can be added to NTLite, or another idea would be to have NTLite automatically add relevant URI tweaks whenever it removes component(s) that are required for a specific URI to work right, otherwise when these things are clicked on, they fail to launch if their files are removed. Also, some people just want to simply hide the pages for clutter reasons or to prevent users from easily accessing those pages.

I'd also change the title from, "Windows 11 Windows 10" because that is non-informative, to something like, "NTLite URI Tweaks" or anything else more specific to what you are asking.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he wants to hide individual pending Updates. Which is possible using the WUS troubleshooter, or one of two PS modules, but only after your system has received Updates data. You can't pre-emptively block a given KB from the image, because there's no data to manipulate until it's been provisioned by scanning for updates.

I don't really see much benefit, except to block out unwanted one-time updates.

Most updates for CU or Defender/MSRT follow a release cycle, so the updates list is always dynamic. Either you're accepting updates, or blocking them. If you're blocking updates, then there's no need to hide something you don't care about.

The non-CU updates are usually one-time KB's for Intel MMIO or SecureBoot DBX, and the stupid Disk Cleanup tool.

Я предполагаю, что он хочет скрыть отдельные ожидающие обновления. Это возможно с помощью средства устранения неполадок WUS или одного из двух модулей PS, но только после того, как ваша система получит данные обновлений. Вы не можете превентивно заблокировать заданную базу знаний из образа, так как нет данных, которыми можно было бы манипулировать, пока они не будут подготовлены путем сканирования обновлений.

На самом деле я не вижу особой пользы, кроме блокировки нежелательных одноразовых обновлений.

Большинство обновлений для накопительного пакета обновления или Defender/MSRT следуют циклу выпуска, поэтому список обновлений всегда является динамическим. Либо вы принимаете обновления, либо блокируете их. Если вы блокируете обновления, то нет необходимости скрывать то, что вас не волнует.

Обновления, не относящиеся к CU, обычно представляют собой одноразовые базы знаний для Intel MMIO или SecureBoot DBX, а также глупый инструмент очистки диска.

Attachments

• 2023-08-23_055227.png
    2023-08-23_055227.png
    386.6 KB
Apparently, we're talking about Manage the Settings app with Group Policy

NTLite already updates this GPO if you remove some Windows features; because SystemSettings is a monolithic app, and removing a component doesn't automatically tweak the Settings screen. You're obligated to hide features which are obviously removed.

The problem I see is NTLite needs to take control, so having you editing at the same time isn't a good idea. Unfortunately there isn't an authorative list of which settings are available for each Windows release, nor any API to dump them out.

While you can play with the reg key, I don't think NTLite should be encouraging users to tamper with it.

[FIXED] Windows Update is not shown in Settings

Attachment (2023-08-23_055227.png)
I'm not on Windows 11, but I tested it on Windows 10 and attached a .reg file that you can edit, along with this (link) for more options. Just scroll down the list and look for what you want to hide, then add it to the .reg file by placing a semicolon between each page:
Hiding 1 page (Windows Update) would be:
"hide:windowsupdate"

Hiding additional pages (Windows Update / Sync) would be:
"hide:windowsupdate;sync"

On that website I linked, ignore the "ms-settings:" text when adding pages to this registry file. A trick you can do though, is open something like a run prompt and type ms-settings:windowsupdate and it will directly open that page for viewing. This is useful because you could create custom shortcuts to various settings pages from your desktop.

If this isn't what you are looking for, then you'll need to give us some more information in writing so we can better figure out what you need.

Attachments

• URI.reg
    340 bytes
Last edited:
Back