Windows 11

Nikanor

Hi tell me how to transfer imageres dll and shell32 from Windows 11 So that icons on Windows 10 become like on Windows 11

this is ntlite forum. not DLL hacking or manupilating showcase. not the place to ask. not the place to be angry when not getting answer. go away.

It's not that easy. You need to exzract them one by one then insert into Win10's dll.
Resourcehacker can help

Replacing resources inside an existing system DLL is wrong. You can break things, and it fails SFC integrity.

Shell icon re-theming works by borrowing a DLL from somewhere, and redirecting all the regkeys there. It's very time consuming because you have to track down each resource. They don't map 1:1, otherwise people would release icon packs in a flash.

How to Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10
Is there a reference for the full list of Windows 10 'Shell Icon' numbers?

Don't worry, someone will create a W11 icon theme for W10. They always do...

a lot of work for very little reward. find a decent wallpaper(i use Prairie Wind.bmp) and set colour to match, job done, move onto more important matters, like getting stuff done.

Need to rename this topic or merge it with the main Windows 11 thread.

a lot of work for very little reward. find a decent wallpaper(i use Prairie Wind.bmp) and set colour to match, job done, move onto more important matters, like getting stuff done.

Some people can't have shiny icons due to TPM ;)

i would freaking use windows xp 64bit with classic theme if my apps worked on it.
a good os ruined by p---poor driver support. :mad: :(. just a tad over 1gb installed if my memory serves me well.

Last edited:
if you run SFC or do any Windows Updates your files will be overwritten/replaced then you gotta rebuild your files again if you havnt backed them up.

Hi tell me how to transfer imageres dll and shell32 from Windows 11 So that icons on Windows 10 become like on Windows 11
The icons can be easily swapped.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I only saw it later.
Hi I apologize for such a topic I hope that I will not be banned for the flood
why post and risk it then? you have been told/asked politely twice already, 3rd time is just taking the pizz. nuhi

Last edited:
For the record, I tried your suggestion to swap resource files. Desktop is partially broken (missing icons, Explorer doesn't run), and worst of all SFC tagged all the replaced files. It's not a ready workaround if other users wanted to try.

Last edited:
just use theme.

Right now, the resource files are compatible. This trick appears to work from W11 sharing the SystemResource code base rolled out in Build 1903. With this design validated (moving from DLL to MUN), there's no guarantee the code stays in sync.

Consider it a lucky break, for now.

Good that I do not need that on my system with me runs only Windows 11.

Last edited:
Back