Windows (7-11) Tweaking

KikiGames

Here we can talk about optimizing Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11.
You can post your NTLite presets, reg tweaks, bat files to help people.
Share your CPU usage, or handles (Preferences/CPU in taskmgr), your tricks.
Do you have high CPU/Memory/HDD/etc. usage? Ask for help here! (Give at least 1-2 hours for new systems. Sometimes first boot can give you spikes and ofc updates maybe installing in the background)

If your goal is a debloated or just a non-resource hungry Windows, you are at the right topic.

Please always mention exact OS and version number!

Last edited:
Some Tweaks I do when use SSD Use it for Windows 7 but maybe work for newr OS too.

Disable Reliability Monitor :
in cmd type this the, start cmd.exe and Run as administrator.
In the command prompt type :
schtasks.exe /change /disable /tn \Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask

Disable Hibernation:

in cmd type this the, start cmd.exe and Run as administrator.
In the command prompt type :
powercfg -h off
powercfg.exe /hibernate off

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other tweaks-

Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

as same as above but type
bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff

Tools
(I Sometime use to tweak and disable stuff.)

Easy Service Optimizer

Starter (Can disable service- Autostared programs)

Autoruns ( Same as above)

Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming

Some tools I use/used for disable tracking/telemetry and other stuff. They work for windows 7 and newer.

W10Privacy
WPD
DoNotSPy78
Blackbird

Presetfile, "LAN Internet, Discord, Steam, Battlenet" Working

Attachments

• Win 8.1 Pro Service Disable.xml
    7.8 KB
  • Win 8.1 Pro More service disable.xml
    8 KB
Last edited:
Windows 8.1 Pro (build: 9600)
Nothing running except OpenShell and around 30 services.
This is not final, I will try to tweak it when I have time!;
1631038675982.png

Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

as same as above but type
bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff

Turning it off won't make your system run faster, and DEP helps prevent some buffer overruns used by viruses. The CPU tags memory pages used by data segments, and checks if code is trying to sneak execution. The perf penalty is almost zero...

here is my 'fresh' folder, i do: robocopy e:\fresh c:\windows\system32 /e /copyall /xj /r:1 /w:1
to every windows install. the logman.bat unlodctr.bat lodctr.bat netsh.bat
are great, tho it missing all the rpc and tcp6 stuff such as DisabledComponents = FF in services/tcp/parameters, hklmSoftMicWinNT(wint)OleEnableDcom = N hklmsoftmicwintrpc = new key > internet, hklmsoftmicwintrpcinternet = string UseInternetPortsN and finally under each service rpcss and rpcepmap (disable rpclocator service start 4) needs string ListenOnInternet = N as well as each rpcss.dll and rpcepmap.dll hexedited search 135 unicode value change 33 00 35 00 33 00 to 30 00 30 00 30 00
enjoy blaster worm coverage this will close most ports as well as al the Fdc , ssrd, dnscache (yes its useless). you have way too many processes open. ike, just use process hacker to see which services are keeping ports open. your handles should be @ 5000 on a completely crippled Except For Games windows 7 tweaked. your threads can be lowered by about 50, just rename catsrv.dll , catsrvut.dll, clbcatq.dll, pla.dll, comsvcs.dll and im lazy so i wont tell them all right now but are thoroughly documented 'what can i break' and windows still works which i have been bricking OS's since the late 90s for fun and profit, bye
ps: included is my personal host file, nirsoft tools, latmon, dpclat, a working bcd file for C:\windows (7), custom steam links, do not open rename.bat, some of my unfinished batches whcih will one day include all my reg tweaks, and autohotkey dr.bat dr.ahk scripts to instantly unlock and delete anyregistry just change the script from meklin to your username there is one for 7 and 10procmon, sharkeys, blackbird,OOSU10,w10privacyDE,dc64cmd and script to clone or change monitor to 144hz as rundll32.exe and dllhost.exe are viruses and must be renamed, easy anticheat can use c:\windows\syswow64 version anyway. radeon fan cotnroller, a bunch of windows batch files to do heavy lifting that i never use, .lnk files for registry changes view and folder changes view on my other drive u must change the location of, 7zfm.exe, everything.exe, a f ew highcontrast themes and a dark theme .reg file for windows colors, odin.exe for hard drive.img works flawlessly a bullseye cursor incase you know and setacl.exe which i find inferior as garlin stated in my thraed under questions topics help about windows 7700 7850 and 7746 you seem to be interesed in performance gaming i suggest u isntallt hem they are zero dpc latency they do not go to anyones hands like mellanox who owns windows 10 (israel) and no weirdo regs are in it just windows core components its PERFECT and for ARM processors so only someone who knows performance would know how this matters.. arm is a phone,this windows is for phones. its not small, just fast. zero dpc latency by default and i WILL upload the now 1-2 month old videos of me testing it all out. also process hacker and dispalyswitch included
drive()google()com/drive/folders/1A8mtRrYlwkzlLgrGdJZrj8O13h78F4CR

i can get win10 to 5k handles and win7 to 3 or 4k or less (with 200-250 threads) , u need to monitor dll files and search and GUID or CLSID and just delete them, make sure u dont need to install anything tho basically for gaming pc only. we reached moore's law or thereabouts in 2014 with 14nm and 7nm resistor size, it wont get much better so they started adding 4-8 core minimum normal so they can run massive spyware on us, dont believe me? find me a windows or user of it who can get zero dpc deltas as i have on windows 7 7700.
there is a hack i know of that i ran into by accident upon one of my random cripple runs where i delete what i think is safe and a few experimental regs, and it allowed me to close critical windows 7 services, with no automatic shutdown, as shutdown breaking is common with my methods. i have screenshots of running under 10 processes for windows 7 and being online as well pinging servers, opening steam, etc. it crashed about 5 minutes later, probably somethiing trying to open a reg i had deleted, or the proceess no longer had open/authority to. if i could only run procmon after all my edits are done

here is my 'fresh' folder, i do: robocopy e:\fresh c:\windows\system32 /e /copyall /xj /r:1 /w:1
to every windows install. the logman.bat unlodctr.bat lodctr.bat netsh.bat
are great, tho it missing all the rpc and tcp6 stuff such as DisabledComponents = FF in services/tcp/parameters, hklmSoftMicWinNT(wint)OleEnableDcom = N hklmsoftmicwintrpc = new key > internet, hklmsoftmicwintrpcinternet = string UseInternetPortsN and finally under each service rpcss and rpcepmap (disable rpclocator service start 4) needs string ListenOnInternet = N as well as each rpcss.dll and rpcepmap.dll hexedited search 135 unicode value change 33 00 35 00 33 00 to 30 00 30 00 30 00
enjoy blaster worm coverage this will close most ports as well as al the Fdc , ssrd, dnscache (yes its useless). you have way too many processes open. ike, just use process hacker to see which services are keeping ports open. your handles should be @ 5000 on a completely crippled Except For Games windows 7 tweaked. your threads can be lowered by about 50, just rename catsrv.dll , catsrvut.dll, clbcatq.dll, pla.dll, comsvcs.dll and im lazy so i wont tell them all right now but are thoroughly documented 'what can i break' and windows still works which i have been bricking OS's since the late 90s for fun and profit, bye
ps: included is my personal host file, nirsoft tools, latmon, dpclat, a working bcd file for C:\windows (7), custom steam links, do not open rename.bat, some of my unfinished batches whcih will one day include all my reg tweaks, and autohotkey dr.bat dr.ahk scripts to instantly unlock and delete anyregistry just change the script from meklin to your username there is one for 7 and 10procmon, sharkeys, blackbird,OOSU10,w10privacyDE,dc64cmd and script to clone or change monitor to 144hz as rundll32.exe and dllhost.exe are viruses and must be renamed, easy anticheat can use c:\windows\syswow64 version anyway. radeon fan cotnroller, a bunch of windows batch files to do heavy lifting that i never use, .lnk files for registry changes view and folder changes view on my other drive u must change the location of, 7zfm.exe, everything.exe, a f ew highcontrast themes and a dark theme .reg file for windows colors, odin.exe for hard drive.img works flawlessly a bullseye cursor incase you know and setacl.exe which i find inferior as garlin stated in my thraed under questions topics help about windows 7700 7850 and 7746 you seem to be interesed in performance gaming i suggest u isntallt hem they are zero dpc latency they do not go to anyones hands like mellanox who owns windows 10 (israel) and no weirdo regs are in it just windows core components its PERFECT and for ARM processors so only someone who knows performance would know how this matters.. arm is a phone,this windows is for phones. its not small, just fast. zero dpc latency by default and i WILL upload the now 1-2 month old videos of me testing it all out. also process hacker and dispalyswitch included
drive()google()com/drive/folders/1A8mtRrYlwkzlLgrGdJZrj8O13h78F4CR
tldr : got a migraine

just because you have your own personal setup, doesn't mean it works on everyone else's.
just changing the name in a script does not guarantee it works for all.

Windows 8.1 Pro (build: 9600)
Nothing running except OpenShell and around 30 services.
This is not final, I will try to tweak it when I have time!;
View attachment 5399
not bad, default is here. to get smaller than what you have here you are going to have to Barebone services which will be at the cost of userbility, wave bye bye to internet hello to airgapping, which may be an option for you. ive got an 8.1 tweak pack on my download page, inside all-my-stuff.zip.

Back