Windows 7 integrate drivers into boot.wim

xCom

Hi!

Recently I had few computers for OS reinstalation. All of them uses newer chipsets and mostly Intel based motherboards. Problem was installation from usb drive. Before the hard drive selection screen it requires specific drivers to be able to continue (I'm not sure if it asks usb 3.0 drivers to recognize usb installation drive or chipset - stat drivers to recognize hard drive, ssd or nvme ssd). Luckily, all of them had dvd drive so I just burn iso and boot from dvd. I saw the tools provided by Gigabyte but I want to integrate those drivers into boot.wim with NTLite.
Problem is that when I load image it shows two files under boot.wim so which one I must choose (load) to integrate drivers (usb and chipset for recognizing drive)?boot.png
If anybody knows which drivers is best to include (to cover variety of boards) let me know and save me any suffering :)

Tnx ;-)

You want no2 in the boot.wim - Microsoft Windows Setup x64. This is the part that drives the setup routine until the 1st restart after which the installed os takes over. If you use the PE bit then you would put the drivers into there i would have thought, i dont use PE, most home users(the unpaid family tech guy) dont either and it is safe to remove.

Windows 7 does not have native usb3/3.1 support, you need to integrate those drivers yourself. MS did introduce native nvme drivers as part of the kb3125574 CU and as a standalone update.

Newer chipsets? Intel changes chipsets so regularly that what worked last year wont this year(for example). Reinstall the original OS that the pooters came with, getting unsupported OS's to work can be a pain in the bum if not impossible. I spent 4 hours tops trying to get 7 installed on Coffee Lake B360 and i couldnt. I installed 8.1 instead, native usb3/3.1, installed with a usb3 key in a usb3 port like a dream.

...getting unsupported OS's to work can be a pain in the bum if not impossible. I spent 4 hours tops trying to get 7 installed on Coffee Lake B360 and i couldnt. I installed 8.1 instead, native usb3/3.1, installed with a usb3 key in a usb3 port like a dream.
I know the struggle :) I modified Intel graphic driver by some tutorial to get Kaby Lake igpu working
Tnx Clanger and nuhi for quick response ;-)

Back