Windows 7 Recovery

Paul Sm

Winndows 7
Fix it, or Reinstall it

HP Pavilion with W7 Pro Version 2002, 32 Bit, SP3. I didn't use this PS for at least 10 years. I can run installed programs there. But "Windows Internet Explorer", or "My Computer" doesn't work. If I click Google, the respond is "Navigation to this page was canceled". Also, PC would not close normally. I have to keep clicking on several items. It goes to End Program to keep closing few exe files, before the PC decides to shut down. I also have original installation discs, Boot CD, CD with ISO image and on drive D:/ of this PC there is RECOVERY file. Can I somehow fix all this, or would it better to re-install the computer with original discs? I need this W7 because of some programs, like AutoCad I have there. I also have to find out, if I should use 32 or 64 bit system Setup. Any suggestion would be helpful and appreciated. In first, I would try to recover the system, to avoid all reinstallations. And than ... Thanks a lot.

Paul,

NTLite forum is a community for helping users modify their Windows install images, using NTLite software. We don't troubleshoot existing systems which aren't related to a recent install or upgrade attempt; and W7 is past the End of Life.

IE11 may be disabled because MS has changed its startup check to discourage you from using an obsolete browser. For your other problems, you should try a repair reinstall from whatever Windows media was used to install this PC.

But in any event, please find answers on another forum specializing in general help, like Seven Forums. There you will find active W7 users who can be of more assistance in your recovery. Since you didn't use a modded W7 to install this PC, NTLite wouldn't be helpful.

Thanks.

Back