Windows 7 Slipstream update failed

No one can help you with a blank problem description. Please attach your NTLite preset, and remove any user passwords or license key before sharing.

You didn't follow abbodi's list.

MISSING - SHA1 SSU KB4490628
MISSING - SHA2 Update KB4474419
MISSING - SHA2 SSU KB4536952
RDP -> also requires KB2574819

Please don't open a NEW thread every time you have a new problem on the same subject (W7 SP1 slipstream). Otherwise I will lock your posts.

I wouldnt go pulling the "newbie card" here if i were you. People here give up their time(unpaid) and go above and beyond to help new members, if you cant be bothered to follow advice from people who know what they are talking about and to keep opening new threads on the same subject expect to get your butt kicked which i can esily do from my moderator account - https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?members/clanger.3/.

Or you can change your attitude, follow the advice you have been given to the letter and we can start afresh on the right foot eh? Choice is yours.

Last edited:
Error 0x80070005 is ACCESS_DENIED, or a permission error. Do you have 3rd-party antivirus running? Did you change UAC settings?

This preset only adds KB4474419 (SHA-2), it cannot be installed by itself without the SHA-1 and SSU updates.

W7 KB lists are very confusing if you have no experience in updating W7. Please use a pre-tested list like my W7 updates list, and not try to figure your own update list. There is no point in making new lists since W7 has ended support and nothing will change.

W7 KB lists are very confusing if you have no experience in updating W7.
most users are only "home user plus" and rely on the "knolly bods" recommendations.

There is no point in making new lists since W7 has ended support and nothing will change.
the only hard bit is assembling a working update list, once you have it its plain sailing from there on.

with windows 7 being EoL and deader than a norwegian blue parrot now is the time to build your own "Gold" image.
get an untouched iso, update it ONLY, do not do any removals at this stage, sysprep and capture. backup an dmake a copy of the capture and drag that into ntlite - ntlite works very well on sysprepped captured images, then customise that to your needs, which may vary depending on the installation requirements which may be a default install or a tweaked install.

Back