Windows Defender using all RAM

Is that a default Windows behavior, or you removed Defender, then Cumulative Update returned part of it?
If it's the former, don't know, update your Windows first.
If it's the latter, Image - Tools - Remove Reinstalls

that isnt really an answer.

more info would help, as we have said before.
IS it from a clean install or an NTlite custom ?

very little information makes it harder for anyone to be able to help.....

if it's from an NTlite custom, then anything you may have added or removed may have caused an issue. IF so , then please post preset without login information and key, so we can try and resolve the issue for you.

it is NTlite custom and i used this, but I tweak to my liking, but I keep photos and the stuff for the Microsoft store work right and also keep windows hello.

Attachments

• 22H2 ok.xml
    48.8 KB
try it without the updates , seeing that the core of this preset was designed NOT to be updated ....

personally i would try using the GamerOS preset as it is far better to customise with.

but yeah, get rid of the updates, and see if the issue still persists

try it without the updates , seeing that the core of this preset was designed NOT to be updated ....

personally i would try using the GamerOS preset as it is far better to customise with.

but yeah, get rid of the updates, and see if the issue still persists
so, I found out its real time protection was turn on, but it stops using my CPU all the time when turn it off but still using my ram, but i don't have a lot of updates download to my system.

This is unlikely to be an NTLite issue as this is an extremely common type of Windows issue in general (memory leaks and bugs that cause high CPU/memory usage), so in the future stuff like this should be posted in the General forum, unless it's confirmed to be caused by NTLite, such as "Things worked properly until I removed X component, now Y is broken" or "On a fresh install this doesn't happen, but on an NTLite install it does."

In order to help people on the forums we really need some concrete information, otherwise it can take forever to understand what the true problem is and then find a solution. For a thread like this for example, you should at the very least give us some numbers, such as a screenshot of your task manager with Defender showing so we can see the issue for ourselves, or other relevant information that you saw, which prompted you to come to this forum to ask for help. Also, did the issue only appear after a certain point, or was it there right away from a clean install with this XML?

I have to leave for a few hours, but if you post the needed information, when I get back I can help you if nobody else has already. I'm familiar with these kinds of issues in Windows, and it's one of the major reasons why I even tweak at all, because I got tired of Windows stuff malfunctioning, so I just disable everything in order to workaround it. I can probably solve this for you if nobody else does, but more info is needed otherwise I'll have to throw a ton of random solutions at you and see which one sticks since there's a lot of possible culprits for issues like this.

This is unlikely to be an NTLite issue as this is an extremely common type of Windows issue in general (memory leaks and bugs that cause high CPU/memory usage), so in the future stuff like this should be posted in the General forum, unless it's confirmed to be caused by NTLite, such as "Things worked properly until I removed X component, now Y is broken" or "On a fresh install this doesn't happen, but on an NTLite install it does."

In order to help people on the forums we really need some concrete information, otherwise it can take forever to understand what the true problem is and then find a solution. For a thread like this for example, you should at the very least give us some numbers, such as a screenshot of your task manager with Defender showing so we can see the issue for ourselves, or other relevant information that you saw, which prompted you to come to this forum to ask for help. Also, did the issue only appear after a certain point, or was it there right away from a clean install with this XML?

I have to leave for a few hours, but if you post the needed information, when I get back I can help you if nobody else has already. I'm familiar with these kinds of issues in Windows, and it's one of the major reasons why I even tweak at all, because I got tired of Windows stuff malfunctioning, so I just disable everything in order to workaround it. I can probably solve this for you if nobody else does, but more info is needed otherwise I'll have to throw a ton of random solutions at you and see which one sticks since there's a lot of possible culprits for issues like this.
i have try the update way it didn't work but we can try others way because I going to try to reinstall with windows with a new present it or can try to find it out before i reinstall windows 10

Taosd was telling me he helped OP 1v1 and it's solved now. Sounds like it was a combination of a few issues. I'll let one of them comment further though.

i think this can be marked as solved. The issue was down to several errors mostly around the preset used and possible conflicts on a different system.

Back