Windows Store on GamerOS build

Supa

My goal of using NTLite is to create an image that I can use on multiple computers, including other people in the family. Hence, I want Windows Store to run.

I added the components in NTLite from the Gamer OS build, but I am obviously missing something. Can anyone see what else I need to add so that Windows Store will run, please?

Edit: I am wondering if not installing Edge is the problem. Maybe Windows is trying to use edge to open its popup window.

Attachments

• Mine8.xml
    54.1 KB
Last edited:
Edit the XML, then make a new image:

Delete these lines:
<c>Microsoft.WindowsStore 'Windows Store'</c>
<c>microsoft.storepurchaseapp 'Store Experience Host'</c>
<c>microsoft.xbox.tcui 'Xbox TCUI'</c>

Also add the compatibility back:
<Feature enabled="no">WindowsStore</Feature>
-> Change it to "yes"

As the "tech guy" in all my circles (friends, family, co-workers) I would highly recommend against using GamerOS or anything similar for inexperienced computer users. The amount of component removals is high and breaks too many things, and you just cannot test all the ways each of those people will be using their OS, and no matter how hard you try they will eventually encounter a problem that requires a reinstall of Windows, which many people do not have the skills to perform. I suggest my Optimized Image instead, since it breaks *nothing* and everything is reversable without a reinstall.

You would also want to remove all the integrated drivers and other personalizations (Unattend) before making an image for other people.

Edit: added the compatibility setting

Last edited:
Thanks.

Let me look at your Optimised Image. I spent hours going through the GamerOS trying to understand and add things that I thought I needed. Hopefully, this will quicker.

You are correct about the drivers. Those were just time saving whilst I deployed on my computer.

Back