Windows stuck on booting image

DAT

Hi all
After installing NTLite | v2.0.0.7596 after the creation of a new reduced edition of Windows 10 pro i have tested to run it on Hyper-V virtual machine not not going
1596639719734.png
attached a session file

Attachments

• Session Auto-sauvegardée {B0147453-AECE-42A7-AC94-B68A38A5E0F7}.xml
    29.7 KB
I'm having similar issues. When I've tried to install a newly made custom iso since downloading the new version, I always get a "Choose your boot disk" screen with no options to choose. It makes me think the boot.wim is getting corrupted. I then reinstall an older custom iso with no problem.

Hi all
After installing NTLite | v2.0.0.7596 after the creation of a new reduced edition of Windows 10 pro i have tested to run it on Hyper-V virtual machine not not going
View attachment 3718
attached a session file
Hi DAT,
- Does the full ISO boot in the same VM?
The boot.wim is not edited by your preset, so it makes no sense, NTLite does not touch it and at the beginning when booting the setup process only boot.wim and ISO direct files are active.
I tested it on VMWare (installed) and HyperV (just started installation and stopped myself to save time as you said booting the image), so it's not a generic editing error.
In other words most probable issue is in your HyperV.

- Try setting the VM RAM memory to 4GB, if it was ~2, and 2 if it was ~1.
I once had that when setting the RAM too low and had errors on bootup.
- If the above didn't help, try disabling "Enable Secure Boot" when creating a new machine.

Let me know how it goes.

I'm having similar issues. When I've tried to install a newly made custom iso since downloading the new version, I always get a "Choose your boot disk" screen with no options to choose. It makes me think the boot.wim is getting corrupted. I then reinstall an older custom iso with no problem.
Hi tharri,

that's unrelated to this, sounds like your ISO isn't having the necessary boot manager files.
Two things, make sure the machine is set to the correct bios boot type, and redo from fresh ISO files.
Also make sure to reboot first, if you haven't tried that yet.
If it still happens with fresh ISO files and not removing boot managers and being careful with how to boot, please attach the preset demonstrating the issue, and let me know BIOS or UEFI, and which machine if virtual.

Thanks.

Hi Nuhi,

Ok, so far I:

1) Downloaded a new iso directly from Microsoft.
2) Made sure the boot.wim / boot managers were not removed from the iso (UEFI)
3) Used an old preset on the new iso that I know "used" to work but now apparently doesn't.

All of these failed installs are on a desktop HP Omen. After it fails, I install an older iso with no problem and try again.

Note that I'm seeing two different issues. 1) As I mentioned earlier, sometimes I've get the Choose Your Operating System screen and it's blank. 2) Sometimes I get the following instead:

IMG-0772b.jpg

Restarting several times does not fix it. Connecting to the network does not fix it. Escaping to the command prompt and using sfc /scannow found corrupt files that were supposed fixed, but after rebooting I get the same problem.

These issues have happened on a number of presets for me. The only time I seem to be able to get an iso to work now is when I simply trimmed editions and removed a very small quantity of components. I could be wrong but this didn't seem to be an issue in the past.

I've attached my latest attempt -- the one that used to work. It gave me the "Why did my PC restart?" error.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {11BD98AD-4EFA-45E9-8D82-1356791EAA1F}.xml
    15.3 KB
Hi DAT,
- Does the full ISO boot in the same VM?
The boot.wim is not edited by your preset, so it makes no sense, NTLite does not touch it and at the beginning when booting the setup process only boot.wim and ISO direct files are active.
I tested it on VMWare (installed) and HyperV (just started installation and stopped myself to save time as you said booting the image), so it's not a generic editing error.
In other words most probable issue is in your HyperV.

- Try setting the VM RAM memory to 4GB, if it was ~2, and 2 if it was ~1.
I once had that when setting the RAM too low and had errors on bootup.
- If the above didn't help, try disabling "Enable Secure Boot" when creating a new machine.

Let me know how it goes.
Hi nuhi
My VM have the good configuration already, have tried many other customization but yet have the same results and usually using the type 1 VM
And my problem is based on the fact that after the first boot \ copy of installation files \ all is ok but at the next boot the system stuck.

Hi nuhi
My VM have the good configuration already, have tried many other customization but yet have the same results and usually using the type 1 VM
And my problem is based on the fact that after the first boot \ copy of installation files \ all is ok but at the next boot the system stuck.
Try not to remove any Drivers, recheck all of them back after loading the preset and retry a fresh ISO.
To be more precise if that helps, maybe it's driver_whyperkbd.inf

Also I noticed only now, it's a 32-bit ISO, can you try a 64-bit one if all the same? Maybe switch that before keeping any extra drivers.

@tharri, trying your preset now, thanks.

tharri it's the 'Windows Push Notification System Service', seems to happen only on 1709 (maybe earlier), so I added it to the OOBE compatibility in the next update for up to that version.
Make sure not to remove that on 1709.
Tested 1809, seems to be fine and haven't seen any issues on newer by removing this.

Thanks.

Hello there!

Have you tried to run your work in any other virtual machine providers? For example VMware, VirtualBox.
Last question, have you got any errors when you trying to boot into the system?

Have a wonderful day!
Itay.

Back