post-setup

1. E

Post-Setup Script is not being updated

Hi all, I have a script in post-setup (basically some winget app installs). However if I change/update the script, upon building the image, the old script remains in place. It does not get updated. I also tried removing the script from post-setup and re-adding it, but same result. What is...
  2. T

Runtime Error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userprograms" - Lightshot post-setup

Ive been trying to post-setup lightshot on my iso but when i try to install it gives me this error.
  3. E

Best location for "net use Z:" command

Hi all, I am trying to build in a network drive mapping. I have tried post-setup machine and user sections to put the command. The command works perfectly from the command line and is like this "net use z: \\nas\shared_volume mypassword /user:myusername /persistent:yes" However, cannot run it...
  4. G

Debugging Post-Setup Commands

Hi, I have this post-setup commands. command | args netsh | advfirewall firewall set rule name="File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In)" new enable=yes It does not enable the predefined firewall rule. I have also tried using the "advfirewall firewall new rule" method. I...
  5. H

Post-Setup CMD commands not working

Hello. I am a new user of NTLite and I am trying to build my own Windows 10 ISO. Everything works quite fine right now except for one thing. I am trying to start some commands in the post-setup to automatically login in my WiFi. I followed the following Thread which explains the process but...
  6. T

Windows - Hostname and Computer Description

Hello! I've been tryng to automate the Hostname and Computer Description but withtout success, can someone help me with this?
  7. T

Webcam Test

I have a custom Win10 image for a bunch of Lenovo machines that I am going to sell. The current image does the following, it installs Basic WinOS, Drivers, and during SetupComplete.CMD it'll call a PowerShell script that will fetch me the specs of the machine and display them. I would like to...
  8. S

Post-setup Apps not installing

I think I am posting this in the wrong category, tell me and I will repost it in the correct category you tell. I am making a modified version of Windows 10 and 11 optimized for gaming. After testing it once using Virtualbox the apps were not installed, I didn't check if the registry files also...
  9. V

Looking for an app install guide (Post-Setup)

I'm kind of new to ntlite but not new to windows deployments. I've got my system image created as an ISO and have installed windows but i'm not doing the post setup correctly. Apps aren't installing. While I know that I could figure it out eventually testing and trying again, each attempt takes...
  10. U

Win11 Post-Setup run PS command Remove-AppPackage (Cortana)

Hello, I want to run the following command on first user logon: This command will remove Cortana App from Startmenu. Unfortunately I could not figure out how to do so. I tried several Post-Setup settings: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppPackage powershell...
  11. T

Post-Setup steps are not working

All Steps in NTlite are working, except the post-setup. After installation they are just not being executed. The commands are correct, when entering the commands in cmd they work. heres the content of SetupComplete.cmd @echo off msiexec /i "%WINDIR%\Setup\Files\AnyDesk_7.0.4.msi" /qn...
  12. W

Execute VBScript and Import XML to Task Scheduler

Hello everyone, I have exported VBScript and XML files that use to recover the Local Group Policy Editor and the Task Scheduler configurations. Is it possible to run the VBScript and XML files right after the Windows installation using SetupComplete.cmd?
  13. I

7-Zip won't install

A little explanation: I am currently working on a custom Win10 ISO to standardize our lab-devices. In that ISO i want to have 7-Zip, but every time I try to install it on an VM or Notebook, it either won't install 7-Zip or the windows 10 setup crashes... I tried the .exe file and the .msi...
  14. N

Post-Setup UI

Hi. I found the NTLite on TikTok a few weeks ago and i must say it has saved me and my colleagues a lot of time. We just bought a professional license for it. I have found it a hassle creating shortcuts using cmd though. Installing applications is pretty straight forward. How about making the...
  15. I

Installing Office 2016 Pro Plus on Windows 10 via Post-Setup

Hello, Long time lurker, first time poster. Not sure if this has been posted about yet, but I wanted to get it out there. I had been searching tirelessly trying to figure out how to install Microsoft Office 2016 ProPlus via post-setup on a Windows 10 Pro image and I finally figured it out...
  16. O

NTLite + WDS + Post-Setup?

Hi Guys, i would like to use NTLite to create an Image for Deployment. So far i have the image as i would like to have it. Deploying it via WDS makes some trouble. Due one imports only the boot and install.wim, the rest ist not in the WDS server. I know that it is possible to add the...
  17. T

VMware Tools silent install not suppressing reboot prompt

I've been trying to use the template included with NTLite for installing VMWareTools without prompting for a restart to the user. Here's my forum post on VMWare for this issue: https://communities.vmware.com/message/2774332#2774332 I've tried the default switches provided by the template, as...
  18. davebold370

Rebooting During Post-Setup

I would like to rename and reboot the computer during post setup and then continue back to post-setup. I have a batch script that will ask the user for the new computer name then change the name. However, the name change will not take effect until the system reboots. The next program I want it...
  19. E

Post-Setup .NET order? (Win 7, NTLite)

I want to slipstream the following KB/setup packages. One image I made spent around 20 mins at post setup...the other one over 8 hours (left work, then was done the next day) 1. What order is optimal? 2. Where does the "Placeholder row for potentially deferred updates" fit best? 3. Can you add...
  20. AGNET

Command to copy a file to machine?

Is there a way to include a file in the install folder and run a command during post-setup to copy it to a specific place on the C drive, such as the program files folder or the windows folder? I created a folder in the unpacked .iso folder for the installer disk that holds all the installers...
Back