size

1. R

My ISO is Big!

The Windows image that I built became a very big ISO! I think it's time to take things out of it before it becomes unbearable! What should I strip from it? Where do I begin?
  2. Hellbovine

Guide: Custom ISO Downloads

On the internet there are about a dozen Windows operating systems that have been customized and released as an ISO download. These packages are allegedly optimized for gaming, privacy, or install size. We are often asked about these creations on this forum, and the following information is a...
  3. Hellbovine

Discussion: Reserved Storage

I read a number of articles recently on "Reserved Storage" which was introduced in Windows 10 a few years ago. I was still left with some questions though, and so I want to ask everyone that has been disabling it, have you noticed any issues besides the obvious problem you would run into if you...
  4. Hellbovine

Bug: Image Size

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Creating an image using only a few edits makes the disk space grow substantially, when it should be shrinking. MORE INFORMATION
  5. Hellbovine

Suggestion: Forum Attachment Size

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: The generic thumbnails for file attachments on the forum have excessively large dimensions and should be resized. MORE INFORMATION
  6. Hellbovine

Guide: Default Resource Usage

This guide discusses the default resource usage of a clean install of Windows 10 Home 21H2. This information is needed by people tweaking the operating system so they can compare their installation to the defaults and see if they are making progress on reducing overhead. There are many different...
Back