After removing sound with NTLite in Windows 11 22H2, I still have startup sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any sound files under:
C:\Windows\Media\

yes, 9 files: Speech Disambiguation, Speech Misrecognition, Speech Off, Speech On, Speech Sleep, Windows Feed Discovered, Windows Information Bar, Windows Navigation Start and Windows Pop-up Blocked. which is the one responsible for the startup sound before entering the user password?

thought this rang a bell somewhere...........

thought this rang a bell somewhere...........

thanks but it looks like it wasn't fixed.

yes, 9 files: Speech Disambiguation, Speech Misrecognition, Speech Off, Speech On, Speech Sleep, Windows Feed Discovered, Windows Information Bar, Windows Navigation Start and Windows Pop-up Blocked. which is the one responsible for the startup sound before entering the user password?
Those are Speech and Internet Explorer components, but none of them should be tied to Windows notification sounds.
Check the Start - Run
type Control, OK.
Choose Sound, Sounds tab, set Sound Scheme to None.
But before that, was any sound set?

W11's Startup Sound isn't part of any sound themes, since you can't select a different one.

This reg setting normally works, but testing shows 22H2 is very inconsistent obeying it.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\BootAnimation]
"DisableStartupSound"=dword:00000001

Brink (as usual) has the correct set of reg keys: Enable or Disable Startup Sound in Windows 11
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\BootAnimation]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\EditionOverrides]
"UserSetting_DisableStartupSound"=dword:00000000

Those are Speech and Internet Explorer components, but none of them should be tied to Windows notification sounds.
Check the Start - Run
type Control, OK.
Choose Sound, Sounds tab, set Sound Scheme to None.
But before that, was any sound set?

sound scheme is blank and the only available setting in its box is the no sound one. below there's a setting checked regarding startup sound so i guess i should uncheck it too.

Brink (as usual) has the correct set of reg keys: Enable or Disable Startup Sound in Windows 11
Code:

it looks like for now one has to create a reg out of that and integrate it in ntlite to not have startup sound.

Last edited:
Code:

Thanks.
NTLite already sets the first one on Sounds removal, but if it's not working for some, then will add the second part as well.

Question to anyone interested: do you want the disable startup sound as a separate setting, and/or integrated into the Sounds removal?

Thanks.
NTLite already sets the first one on Sounds removal, but if it's not working for some, then will add the second part as well.

Question to anyone interested: do you want the disable startup sound as a separate setting, and/or integrated into the Sounds removal?

it should be a separate setting just like it shows up in windows, i guess.

Last edited:
could you tell me what information is rhere and where is it located in the file?

The preset is in the same folder as the iso you are working on sometimes labelled 'Auto-saved ......... ' .XML
The file will show what has been removed, what has been added and also will help us try and sort what you want out quicker and easier.

The preset is in the same folder as the iso you are working on sometimes labelled 'Auto-saved ......... ' .XML
The file will show what has been removed, what has been added and also will help us try and sort what you want out quicker and easier.

i know where it is but which information are y'all talking about and where is it located in the xml file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back