Apps Update (MS Store)

tistou77

Hello

I would like to update Apps directly from NTLite (Notepad, ZoneMusic, etc...)

From what I saw, by uploading the .Msixbundle files to Store.rg-adguard, I can integrate them into the ISO with NTlite and no need to remove old versions?
New versions overwrite old ones, right?

Thanks

Last edited:
Add the MSIX files to the Updates page and follow notes of any dependency is missing.

Tool automatically cleans older version, let me know if some is detected wrongly as already existing, like was the case with Notepad app before last update.

Thanks ;)

Tested with Notepad, WMP and Paint and it's good

On the other hand, for UI Xaml, I can remove version 2.7 (and integrate 2.8) ?
When I remove 2.7, I have the warning message that it is necessary for Paint and WMP (even if 2.8 is installed)
No worries I think?

Last edited:
Thanks.
Is UI Xaml 2.8 installing without removing 2.7 or what's the scenario?
Maybe 2.7 can be removed after 2.8 takes over.

I integrated 2.8, if I relaunch NTLite to remove 2.7, I have this warning message but I can remove it

I tested (new version of Notepad, Paint, WMP integrated in ISO and remove UI XAML 2.7) and got the same errors as we debugged, Nuhi (at the start of W11)

When I want to open a .txt file, for example I get an error message of "update, dependency or package" (something like this)
No worries with right click and the Modify option, on the other hand
I have an error with the 3 Apps

I test keeping UI Xaml 2.7
I don't remember what was at fault at the beginning of W11 (missing registry key or something else)

Last edited:
OK, so integration of 2.8 works without removing 2.7, that's good.

We are assuming that 2.8 and 2.7 are interchangeable, maybe they're not and the apps are compiled for one or the other.
So keep both, let me know if you see Windows removing 2.7 on its own at any point.

Thanks.

Weird, I tested yesterday, and in the ISO I had 2.7 and 2.8 from an untouched ISO and my preset,
But by integrating the 4 apps on an ISO already modified by NTLite, I only have version 2.8

If you have to keep the 2 versions, NTLite does not specify it (just have 2.8 for Notepad and WMP), but Paint does not work either

I retest with untouched ISO

Last edited:
I tried:
Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.8_8.2212.15002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.appx
Microsoft.WindowsNotepad_11.2210.5.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle

Live installs fine with NTLite, offline integrated Notepad does not open after Windows install.
Will have to investigate further, let me know if you have any updates.

Btw Microsoft.Paint_11.2210.4.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.Msixbundle requires UI Xaml 2.7, enough is the one already available.

Ok, I tested on an untouched ISO, loaded my preset and added the 4 Apps
UI Xaml 2.8 overwrites 2.7 (in the ISO I only have 2.8)

I retest with my Desktop, almost sure that yesterday I had the 2 versions of UI Xaml

Ok, I tested on an untouched ISO, loaded my preset and added the 4 Apps
UI Xaml 2.8 overwrites 2.7 (in the ISO I only have 2.8)

I retest with my Desktop, almost sure that yesterday I had the 2 versions of UI Xaml
When I integrated 2.8, 2.7 was still there after install.

My guess is some app removal pulled it via DISM in your case.
Would be interesting to find which removal, but for now I'm on the integration issue first.

Ah yes, I had integrated separately the 2.8
Probably why I had the 2.7 and 2.8

It would be Paint, WMP or Notepad which would remove 2.7 then

EDIT : If I try to integrate only 2.8 on my already modified ISO, I have this error

Integration: Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.8 - Error 0x80004003 - [16387]

When removing apps, if removing Custom (deep mode) in Components - toolbar - removal mode, especially any of UI Xaml versions, will remove needed files as well.
Have an idea to turn off Custom per app if a version of it is still present or being integrated, but this is a task for later, first let's adapt integration.

Upgrade supporting this DISM mess uploaded in build 9228.

Let me know how it goes.

Back