Better winget install & replacing Explorer, Search

Regally3628

MS-EXPLORER MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD IS NOT "INTERNET EXPLORER" BUT DEFAULT FILE MANAGER!
1. Right now script from this thread is broken (winget installs but apps specified in script are not getting installed). Can someone test & write AAD script for CTT method
Code:
Set-PSRepository -Name 'PSGallery' -InstallationPolicy Trusted
Install-Script -Name winget-install -Force
winget-install.ps1
This code grabs all latest & matching deps for winget (Xaml, licenses etc) without need to download everything manually. In the video CCT mentions that it works on bare-bone NTLite LTSC WIN10 setup.

2. My aim is to make absolute bare-bone Win10 LTSC Setup for better game performance (old hardware). Are there open-source alternatives in place of ms-explorer & ms-search that will allow me to remove proprietary ms-* from ISO and put some lighter open-source alternatives? Im afraid that removing ms-explorer will break A LOT of things in the system.
Right now I have these replacements:
sylikc.JPEGview (jpegview fork opensource on github) - replacement for windows image viewer
VLC for audio&video - replacement for legacy windows media something
voidtools.Everything (!FREEWARE!) & stnkl.EverythingToolbar (extension, opensource)
(in this case Im not sure if I can completely strip out win-indexing & win-search from iso)
Windows Explorer replacement - ?

3. Annoyances: To get system more optimized & disable Office telemetry, powershell telemetry, chrome telemetry, vscode telemetry etc. etc. I need to use privacy.sexy bash script generator. Is there any replacement/wrapper for it which will allow me to integrate regkeys into ISO instead of running bash scripts? Im not a Windows sysadmin so I cant dive deep into registry and set hundreds of keys.

MS-EXPLORER MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD IS NOT "INTERNET EXPLORER" BUT DEFAULT FILE MANAGER!
1. Right now script from this thread is broken (winget installs but apps specified in script are not getting installed). Can someone test & write AAD script for CTT method
Code:
winget-install.ps1
This code grabs all latest & matching deps for winget (Xaml, licenses etc) without need to download everything manually. In the video CCT mentions that it works on bare-bone NTLite LTSC WIN10 setup.

2. My aim is to make absolute bare-bone Win10 LTSC Setup for better game performance (old hardware). Are there open-source alternatives in place of ms-explorer & ms-search that will allow me to remove proprietary ms-* from ISO and put some lighter open-source alternatives? Im afraid that removing ms-explorer will break A LOT of things in the system.
Right now I have these replacements:
sylikc.JPEGview (jpegview fork opensource on github) - replacement for windows image viewer
VLC for audio&video - replacement for legacy windows media something
voidtools.Everything (!FREEWARE!) & stnkl.EverythingToolbar (extension, opensource)
(in this case Im not sure if I can completely strip out win-indexing & win-search from iso)
Windows Explorer replacement - ?

3. Annoyances: To get system more optimized & disable Office telemetry, powershell telemetry, chrome telemetry, vscode telemetry etc. etc. I need to use privacy.sexy bash script generator. Is there any replacement/wrapper for it which will allow me to integrate regkeys into ISO instead of running bash scripts? Im not a Windows sysadmin so I cant dive deep into registry and set hundreds of keys.
Do not have the option about explorer but my option instead of VLC try smplayer. Much better video and audio player that is clean and has a interface for the bare bones system.

If you want help getting the best out of it just let me know. I have tried almost all media players and nothing came as close to accuracy.

Code:
winget-install.ps1
You're still missing the point. There are many ways to install winget.

Chris Titus is a content creator, but this doesn't make winget work so you can install packages during Windows setup. If you don't care about that, and only want to run winget on a live system, then copy his lines to a PS script and call it from Post-Setup.

If you believe we're in error, ask Chris to demonstrate how to script winget package installs during Setup.

Chris Titus is a content creator, but this doesn't make winget work so you can install packages during Windows setup. If you don't care about that, and only want to run winget on a live system, then copy his lines to a PS script and call it from Post-Setup.

If you believe we're in error, ask Chris to demonstrate how to script winget package installs during Setup.
Please keep in mind that I'm an absolute noob and terms such as "windows power user/sysadmin" doesn't apply to me. I don't undermine anyone's methods/reputation. I saw this method as I'm watching Chris Tech YT channel on daily basis and I've found this method as a probably better option. Thanks for correcting me.

Thanks!
I thought that MPC-HC is no longer maintained but it's way lighter than VLC.
This gives me minimalistic linux vibes (cause of the shortcuts) ;). I'll probably stay on sylikc.jpegview which is awesome when properly configured. Notepad++ seems a bit of an overkill. Helix is awesome (on linux) so idk how would it work on win. Hope someday I will be able to write a complete Guide for everything on the NTLite's forum but my acknowledment of Windows right now is not good.
Thanks for your help & involvement crypticus garlin Necrosaro !

Please keep in mind that I'm an absolute noob and terms such as "windows power user/sysadmin" doesn't apply to me. I don't undermine anyone's methods/reputation. I saw this method as I'm watching Chris Tech YT channel on daily basis and I've found this method as a probably better option. Thanks for correcting me.
He's adding a redundant step to download the actual script, when you can just grab the original file and run it directly from Post-Setup.
https://github.com/asheroto/winget-installer/releases/download/0.0.3/winget-install.ps1

This setup script pulls winget & its requirements off the web. But some users want to an offline solution, and this won't do that.

Back