Can't add any registry files !!

Eyad

Whenever I try to add any registry files it says request failed no matter what it is
I have attached some files I have been trying to add and had no luck
I have also attached the log file but it explains nothing
Can anyone help, please?

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    753 bytes
  • Screenshot 2022-05-01 235858.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-01 235858.jpg
    16.1 KB
  • TakeOwnershipInstallX.reg
    2.2 KB
  • WindowsStore.reg
    245 bytes
  • WinReducerEX100.reg
    784 bytes
Wildcards are not allowed. Did you copy TakeOwnershipInstallX.reg from an example?
The other two reg files are OK.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\*\shell\runas]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\*\shell\runas\command]

Wildcards are not allowed. Did you copy TakeOwnershipInstallX.reg from an example?
The other two reg files are OK.
can't add any of them even the ones you said they are ok
I am trying any reg files now but all failed

You got a lot of copy/paste errors. Bold text is wrong or duplicate (delete).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\*\shell\runas]
@="Take ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant everyone:f"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant everyone:f"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\exefile\shell\runas2]
@="Take ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\exefile\shell\runas2\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant everyone:f"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant everyone:f"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant everyone:f /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant everyone:f /t"
[Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Psched]
"NonBestLimitEffort"=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"RunItOnce_PS"="\"C:\\Users\\Public\\Desktop\\All\\PS.cmd\""

I don't recommend the Take Ownership tweak. It's dangerous. Use Powerrun to grant you TrustedInstaller rights, without messing up the original permissions.

I don't recommend the Take Ownership tweak. It's dangerous. Use Powerrun to grant you TrustedInstaller rights, without messing up the original permissions.
Agreed although Take Ownership is ok if its only used to help delete a file or folder. Changing permissions can mess a system up.
Only run Elevated when its absolutely needed.

Edit - Dont run PowerRun to add hkcu tweaks, those tweaks will then apply to the Trusted Installer account and not the user you are logged in as.

Last edited:
Instead of TakeOwnership reggie which often don't do the job in deep (ie. folders with a lot of files) i can recommend TakeownershipPro or Unlocker (v1.9.2 latest) for deletion of folder or files.
Both still work om W11.

I have found Unlocker unreliable lately, Get it from MajorGeeks only, Cedric Collombs site "may not be" safe, get popup windows, besides the installer is 404. There are modern alternatives, search "Unlocker alternatives". TakeOwnerShipPro is good.

You got a lot of copy/paste errors. Bold text is wrong or duplicate (delete).

Still no luck at all
here are the files after modification and still the same result
'[50] The request is not supported.
they all used to work in older versions of ntlite and they still do if I merge them normally in the host system but for some reasons ntlite won't accept any reg file at all
so...any ideas?

Attachments

• WinReducerEX100.reg
    776 bytes
  • WindowsStore.reg
    236 bytes
  • NTLite.log
    8.7 KB
Please fix your updates list, it's completely broken.

Two rules to understand:
1. Every update is cumulative. Each month is a complete replacement for the previous ones.​
2. Don't install both monthly AND monthly preview of the same update. Preview is the advance copy of next month.​
KB5009469 (Feb 2022 .NET)
KB5010474 (Feb 2022 Preview .NET)
KB5011493 (Mar 2022 CU)
KB5011563 (Mar 2022 Preview CU)

KB5012121 (Apr 2022 .NET)
KB5012159 (Apr 2022 Prevew .NET)
KB5012592 (Apr 2022 CU)
KB5012643 (Apr 2022 Preview CU)
KB5010455 (Setup Dynamic Update Feb 2022)
KB5011576 (Setup Dynamic Update Mar 2022)

KB5012678 (Setup Dynamic Update Apr 2022)

NTLite.log indicates you have a few reg files listed twice, and one edited copy but the original wasn't replaced.

Please fix your updates list, it's completely broken.

Two rules to understand:
1. Every update is cumulative. Each month is a complete replacement for the previous ones.​
2. Don't install both monthly AND monthly preview of the same update. Preview is the advance copy of next month.​

NTLite.log indicates you have a few reg files listed twice, and one edited copy but the original wasn't replaced.
Ok you didn't get me right
I am not having any issues with the updates. those logs were from previous tries
And for the reg files there are multiple ones because I have been trying all of them and non of them worked at all.. None.
So I tried more than one .. And I couldn't even get one of them to load !

I have found Unlocker unreliable lately, Get it from MajorGeeks only, Cedric Collombs site "may not be" safe, get popup windows, besides the installer is 404. There are modern alternatives, search "Unlocker alternatives". TakeOwnerShipPro is good.
I used Unlocker before to delete the WINdir\ Servicing\ LCU folder as the buildin Windows delete function was very slow - but after NTlite handles that very well both off- and online i dismissed it.

Back