registry

1. T

Physical keyboard not working after custom ISO install

I made a custom ISO (Windows 11 22H2) for testing purposes a few months ago and succeeded with a slimmed down image that ran well. Recently I wanted to incorporate the recent cumulative updates as well as tweak a few more settings via registry to create an updated ISO (Windows 11 23H2). The...
  2. N

Skip Keyboard layout after installation (Win 11) & reg issue?

Hi, I have one question and an issue I'm getting with one of my reg files. To start off, Is there an option within ntlite that would essentially remove this screen post-install? Now, the reg issue.. I essentially added this reg file (see attached) that was supposed to set the visual...
  3. D

Problem with manual language change in Windows Single Language

Greetings, dear friends. Probably someone can help me with this specific problem. I have a laptop with preinstalled single language win11 (build 22000.469) which is 21h2 family one. My goal is to change it's language without reinstalling windows as i need to preserve preinstalled apps. I found...
  4. Hellbovine

Discussion: NTLite Methodology

Does NTLite change its registry tweaks or component removals based on the detected operating system? EXAMPLE In this circumstance, which of the following does NTLite do, assuming I'm on W10: 1) Applies only the 2nd registry key for just W10 and W11 systems as a user would expect. 2) Applies...
  5. Hellbovine

Discussion: Edge Chromium Updates

I wanted to ask the community about some of the ways to prevent Edge Chromium from automatically updating while idle at the desktop, as well as automatically updating when the browser is launched. There is going to be dozens of ways to achieve this, but the hard part is finding one that meets...
  6. Hellbovine

Discussion: 22H2 Task Scheduler Bug

Update: September 1st, 2023 (Unresolved) This post explains about a bug that affects the Task Scheduler in Windows 10 and 11, version 22H2. I discovered that a bug prevents the scheduler from properly finishing its tasks, which means it continues to run forever and consumes extra resources...
  7. N

Are the listed registry settings relevant?

Hello everyone, I'm asking about these settings, since many people still use them in their tweaks. I want to find out their relevance, since some of them were used back in windows XP Perhaps someone will have some recommendations on how to improve system performance without much fanaticism.
  8. Hellbovine

Discussion: Power Plan Attributes Key

In the registry under the power plans, the "Attributes"=dword:00000001 will hide a setting from appearing inside the control panel power options in the advanced settings page, but I cannot find official documentation on the values, and this could matter for the reasons listed below. 1)...
  9. Hellbovine

Discussion: Component Policies

I noticed while making images that NTLite will perform some registry tweaks silently. For example, if I uninstall the OneDrive component, NTLite will also add in a group policy (GPO) registry tweak that disables OneDrive, in case the component ever returns, such as during a Windows Update. The...
  10. Hellbovine

Discussion: Image Failure

I started importing services registry keys into my image and it's the first time my installs were met with a Windows Setup blue screen error saying, "Why did my PC restart?" I'm on Windows 10 21H2. Eventually I'll figure it out myself, but maybe someone else already knows? The services I...
  11. Hellbovine

Discussion: Windows CRLF vs Linux LF

For all you coders out there, when I was working with LPC I had to learn to convert all my code files into Linux LF rather than using the default Windows CRLF, or else in rare scenarios it can cause issues. I have a few questions related to this in NTLite. 1) Should .bat and .reg files use...
  12. Eyad

Can't add any registry files !!

Whenever I try to add any registry files it says request failed no matter what it is I have attached some files I have been trying to add and had no luck I have also attached the log file but it explains nothing Can anyone help, please?
  13. NoTRite

Remove Microsoft Edge from the Start Menu?

How do I remove the Microsoft Edge entry from the start menu? I already removed the application with NTLite so clicking it doesn't do anything. Is there an associated registry key perhaps?
  14. N

What you need to disable Windows updates?

Good afternoon, can anyone tell me which services or tasks are related to Windows updates? I.e., what does it take to disable Windows updates? In my search I came across this (Services): Delivery Optimisation - \DoSvc Microsoft Store Installtion Service...
  15. F

HELP! '[50] The request is not supported.' Registry won't upload

HELP! '[50] The request is not supported.' Registry won't upload to NTlite so what do I do? I've tried modifying the registry still doesn't work.
  16. splinterededge

Following symlinks?

I use symlinks to bridge together the resources for the system images that I make with NTLite and Powershell. This saves me the trouble from making multiple copies, having out-of-date items or breaking a configuration or scripts because the filenames may have changed. Sometimes I symlink apps...
  17. D

Tweaks Not Functioning + some addons[if possible]

Hi Nuhi, These are based for Windows 10 1809 --> NOT WORKING --> <Tweak name="System\AllowClipboardHistory">1</Tweak> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Clipboard] "EnableClipboardHistory"=dword:00000001 Hope to have these options tweaks below in NTLITE although we can easily do it with...
Back