Edit Start Menu and Taskbar

rustic_lotus

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to change the start menu and taskbar in Windows 10 with NTLite. I have the taskbar and start menu xml's, but, don't know how I could use them.

Here is some documentation that I found on using those customizations.

Configure Taskbar
Configure Start Menu

PS. Not even sure this is the best way to do this. I am open to any suggestions. I just need a solution that I can upload from a thumb drive.

Thanks,

RL

Hi,

it's not supported yet, you would need to use Powershell and do it manually while the image is loaded.
You can get the "MountPath" by right-clicking the loaded image on the Source page and choose Explore Mount Directory.
Don't forget to close all the open files and folders in it before applying the image.

I'll see about integrating these features in the future, thanks.

Hi,

it's not supported yet, you would need to use Powershell and do it manually while the image is loaded.
You can get the "MountPath" by right-clicking the loaded image on the Source page and choose Explore Mount Directory.
Don't forget to close all the open files and folders in it before applying the image.

I'll see about integrating these features in the future, thanks.

I tried to use Explore Mount Directory, but, PowerShell said that the path did not resolve to a file.

My MountPath looked something like "C:\Users\"username'\AppData\Local\Temp\NLTmpMount01

Am I using the right path?

Thanks, RL

Can't remember how it is:
%username%
%userprofile%

Check your quotes, one at the start and one at the end:
"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\NLTmpMount01"

Can't remember how it is:
%username%
%userprofile%

Check your quotes, one at the start and one at the end:
"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\NLTmpMount01"

My apologies, Let me clarify. I only substituted the path with "username" in it to preserve security. In those quotes, I have my actual username.example.PNG

Last edited:
Make sure that the layout is in desktop and every character path and file name is right.

This is the example of the right command outside of powershell (you are working in powershell):
PS C:\> Import-StartLayout -LayoutPath "Layout.xml" -MountPath "E:\MountedImage\"

Back