F6 / Intel RAID Driver for Windows ISO (Setup)

SD-ITLab

Hello dear community,

My question relates to the F6 / Intel RST drivers.

We have different systems every day where we reinstall Windows.
With the current Multi ISO (Win10 and Win11 as one ISO) everything works great so far.
So far, we always have an extra folder and manually add the F6 drivers to notebooks with active VMD via "Search for drivers" during installation.
But I would like to do this automatically.
problem with the matter.
I have 2 different drivers...
Once for Intel 10th Gen and once for Intel 11-13 Gen.
However, this ISO is also used to install AMD PCs or PCs without an active raid.
So this driver must not block it or lead to a blue screen at the end.

Can I just put the driver in the Boot.Wim (Setup Part (Index 2))
insert?
Do I have to follow an order?
Or edit the whole thing with the autounattendet file?

Before answering, are the two drivers mutually exclusive? You can't have both drivers loaded on the same image?

Normally you add Intel RST drivers in both boot.wim (for WinPE) and install.wim, but driver setup can be delayed to Post-Setup.

I had tried it before and added both drivers to the Boot.wim.
But on 1 or 2 computers I had blue screens with the iastorvd error after a while.
I don't know exactly why this was.
But isn't it enough to just add this to the Boot.wim?
It should only load the drivers so that the setup recognizes the nvme's in a new notebook
The two don't actually exclude each other, so both get their own folder (if I look in the Boot.wim via file explorer).

Basically, the inclusion during the installation with "Search driver" does nothing else, right?

I may not be familiar with your version of the RST drivers, to know if both can't be integrated at the same time.
Normally you add a required driver (like RST) in both WIM's.

WinPE boots up, and if you have drivers installed, will immediately recognize that device and self-configure. This only helps Setup, when it has to identify drives attached to SATA or USB controllers. After Setup copies over the install files, Setup reboots and boot.wim is ignored.

The installed files (install.wim) also need driver support, or it won't boot. WinPE support doesn't mean WinPE copies the same drivers over to the new image.

Most users do integration by adding drivers, under the Drivers tab (to install.wim). Then you include boot.wim, by clicking Reapply tasks across editions / Integrate - Drivers and picking WinPE (Setup). NTLite will add the same driver in both images.

Thank you for your support.

This is the RST for 10-11th Gen: https://www.intel.de/content/www/de...ptane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html

And this was the RST for 11-13th. Gen:

I will gladly try your advice again.
My main concern was.
That it does not come to a conflict of the drivers.
So that e.g. the 12th Gen does not load the drivers of the 10-11th Gen.

Your statement should also mean.
A computer that does not need this driver, e.g. a non Raid system or AMD system, would have to ignore this driver or?

Answer depends on Intel's INF file, it will describe a set of vendor hardware ID's which "match" the expected devices.
Windows install drivers in order of "best fit", then by driver release date. Best fit is the best match of the full or partial HW ID.

Sometimes a driver is specified by an exact model & revision, other times it may be a model family. Try on the different PC's if it works out, otherwise you need to build two parallel images on the same ISO, and pick one edition during Setup's menu.

While you can add RST drivers in Post-Setup, that's really late in the imaging process for a key boot device.

We have different systems every day where we reinstall Windows.
With the current Multi ISO (Win10 and Win11 as one ISO) everything works great so far.
Make 2 sources versions, 1 for old systems and 1 for recent and latest systems.
So far, we always have an extra folder and manually add the F6 drivers to notebooks with active VMD via "Search for drivers" during installation.
But I would like to do this automatically.

Once for Intel 10th Gen and once for Intel 11-13 Gen.
However, this ISO is also used to install AMD PCs or PCs without an active raid.
So this driver must not block it or lead to a blue screen at the end.

Can I just put the driver in the Boot.Wim (Setup Part (Index 2))
insert?
Do I have to follow an order?

Or edit the whole thing with the autounattendet file?
AMD and Intel aren't an issue, the old drivers are. I had issues having old AMD drivers on recent AMD system and old Intel drivers on recent Intel system.

Back