Help with making my own ISO

Ghostie

Hello ntlite comunity,

its my first time working with ntlite and i did make an iso before that didnt work but i got a few issues.
First. I wanna make my own iso because i dont want certain things like telemetry or bloatware own my pc, but also i wanna game, edit, make music, sometimes stream on it.
Something that is really really important to me is a snappy feeling in windows but specially in games i need smoothness.
I dont want to download stuff like tiny 11 or revios i tried them and i wasnt happy with it.

So, i got quite alot issues with tiny 11 revios. For some odd reason the software icue isnt apply the module (aio h80i v2) in the installation which causes an error in the installation and it doesnt finish installation succesfuly.

My questionis, is there something that might cause that issue? like a service that was deleted or something similar if yes, then wich one might that be.

I also would like to suggest me a few things like services that are good to turn off without any issues and cause even better performance maybe.
Since im new to this im happy about any recommandations, tipps and suggestion.

Ghostie, read this thread (link) to get started, and be sure to explore the other links within before asking more questions.

Normal answer on modded ISO's: don't use them to build your OS.

Someone else has already removed components and tweaked settings, which trades compatibility for performance. Those changes might work well for some users, and other users will have problems with specific apps. You are better off starting with a clean ISO, and deciding your own choices in what to remove and tweak.

Using Tiny11 or ReviOS, you can't undo their work since it's a finished image.

As a starting point, check out the GamerOS preset: GamerOS Windows 10 & 11 DIY Preset

I would also recommend to try the simplest built-in presets first:

Load a fresh non-edited image
Updates page - Add Latest Online Updates - Enqueue
Components page, toolbar - Compatibility, enable those you need, OK.
Components page, toolbar - Templates - Gaming (later Lite in second session or live from C:\Windows if you want more)
Apply - tick Create ISO - Process

Save that preset, and iterate next time always starting from a fresh ISO.

Note to use backups, or Host Refresh if you plan on editing live and change your mind.

I would also recommend to try the simplest built-in presets first:

Load a fresh non-edited image
Updates page - Add Latest Online Updates - Enqueue
Components page, toolbar - Compatibility, enable those you need, OK.
Components page, toolbar - Templates - Gaming (later Lite in second session or live from C:\Windows if you want more)
Apply - tick Create ISO - Process

Save that preset, and iterate next time always starting from a fresh ISO.

Note to use backups, or Host Refresh if you plan on editing live and change your mind.
Hey,

thank you so much for the helpfull replies.
I teaked arround with my freshly downloaded iso, put it in nt lite loaded/mounted it and made some changes. It took me quite alot of time to do all those changes.
Btw can i take those changes from my edited iso and make another one? I tried to load a preset from before but the changes arent being applies for some reason i dont understand. So i got the finished edited iso but doesnt work as i thought so instead of redoing everything, could i just somehow put those changes on a new fresh iso? but with those specific changes i made before.

I will read as much as i can from all the links i got its just hard to create an overview of everything but ill try to understand it as fast as possible

Back