How do I block the installation of Outlook (new) and Dev Home in 23H2?

pieterdezwart

I think the title is clear enough.

Things I already tried:
  • Disabling Content Delivery Manager
  • Removing the packages via PowerShell in setupcomplete.cmd (probably doesn't work because the packages aren't included in the image, they're being downloaded and installed automatically after installation)

1699256428900.png

Has anyone been able to find a solution?

On a sidenote: I can't seem to remove Gallery from Windows Explorer either. The option in NTLite as well as a reg file to remove it didn't work when applied through NTLite/setupcomplete.cmd.

I think the title is clear enough.

Things I already tried:
  • Disabling Content Delivery Manager
  • Removing the packages via PowerShell in setupcomplete.cmd (probably doesn't work because the packages aren't included in the image, they're being downloaded and installed automatically after installation)

View attachment 10603

Has anyone been able to find a solution?

On a sidenote: I can't seem to remove Gallery from Windows Explorer either. The option in NTLite as well as a reg file to remove it didn't work when applied through NTLite/setupcomplete.cmd.
Outlook (new) and Dev Home in 23H2 are installed out of sympathy, as are Windows backups, which there is no way to remove. I have tried several ways and in the end I have to uninstall them with IObit Uninstaller Pro, Outlook (new) and DevHome
1699269386840.png1699269397963.png

Last edited:
1. For blocking Outlook For Windows & Dev Home, add this reg file in Registry:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\Orchestrator\UScheduler_Oobe\DevHomeUpdate]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\Orchestrator\UScheduler_Oobe\OutlookUpdate]

nuhi's working on a way to expose UScheduler_Oobe, so you can tweak those two add-on's and EdgeUpdater.

2. For removing Gallery, add this reg file:
Code:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace_41040327\{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c

Brink on ElevenForums mentions Show All Folders will reveal Gallery again.

1. For blocking Outlook For Windows & Dev Home, add this reg file in Registry:
Code:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\Orchestrator\UScheduler_Oobe\DevHomeUpdate]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\Orchestrator\UScheduler_Oobe\OutlookUpdate]

nuhi está trabajando en una forma de exponer UScheduler_Oobe, por lo que puede modificar esos dos complementos y EdgeUpdater.

2. For removing Gallery, add this reg file:
Code:
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace_41040327\{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c

Brink en ElevenForums menciona que Mostrar todas las carpetas revelará la Galería nuevamente.
In the 2nd For removing Gallery, add this reg file: it would not be incomplete, the closing }] would not be missing, that is, it would not be like this:
Code:

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace_41040327\{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c}]

Last edited:
Thanks, cut/paste error.
What I can't get is for the classic right-click context menu to work in Windows 11, I go into the registry
Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"ClassicContextMenu"="REG ADD \"HKCU\\Software\\Classes\\CLSID\\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\\InprocServer32\" /v \"\" /t REG_SZ /f /d \"\"
either
Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32]
@=""
and it does not work with anyone using NTlite, only if I apply it after installation.

HKCU keys need to be applied in Post-Setup (User), because W11 is aggressive about blocking HKCU keys inherited from the Default user.

What I can't get is for the classic right-click context menu to work in Windows 11, I go into the registry
Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"ClassicContextMenu"="REG ADD \"HKCU\\Software\\Classes\\CLSID\\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\\InprocServer32\" /v \"\" /t REG_SZ /f /d \"\"
either
Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32]
@=""
and it does not work with anyone using NTlite, only if I apply it after installation.

use this instead
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32]
@=""

Back