How to reduce the size of an ISO image after updating it?

_G120PRO_

Lately I was making changes to my iso and I decided to update it to build 19043.985, the case is that after updating the size of the iso increased considerably, I know that in the same updates tab there are several options to eliminate the copies of updates and thus only install the ones updates and that their copies or files are not kept but I do not know how to use them and which of all to use, I hope they help me:):)

First be sure check Servicing Stack Compatilbility to avoid any problems with WU afterwards before running your preset (as it keep the removed component packages in WinSxS folder for WU to work properly).
In Update section in upper Options tab you can safely set Clean update backup to: DISM (Compatible) and it will eliminate old files updated and reduce final install ISO. Want to reduce the install ISO further you can make a second run to clean up the removed components or after install run an elevated cmd with: Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup.

DISM (Compatible) you can compare to an elevated cmd prompt on a live install:
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
It's still possible to uninstall superseeded updates (on some W10 versions SSU's can't be uninstalled even it's superseeded but it' seems to work on 21H1 19043.1023 and maybe earlier versions with NTL or via installed updates from Controlpanel/ Programs and funktions/ Installed updates).

DISM (Resetbase) you can compare to an elevated prompt on a live install with:
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
Make it not be possible to uninstall older updates afterwards and maybe have a problem with WU in the future as some files for WU to work will be missing after the cleanup.

The buildin Windows Disk Cleanup use the first option with a 30 day delay after a Windows update so it be possible to revert back to an earlier state.

DISM (compatible) se puede comparar con un indicador de cmd elevado en una instalación en vivo:
Dism / online / Cleanup-Image / StartComponentCleanup
Todavía es posible desinstalar actualizaciones reemplazadas (en algunas versiones de W10, las SSU no se pueden desinstalar incluso si están reemplazadas, pero parece funcionar en 21H1 19043.1023 y tal vez versiones anteriores con NTL o mediante actualizaciones instaladas desde Controlpanel / Programas y funciones / Actualizaciones instaladas) .

DISM (Resetbase) se puede comparar con un indicador elevado en una instalación en vivo con:
Dism / online / Cleanup-Image / StartComponentCleanup / ResetBase
Haga que no sea posible desinstalar actualizaciones más antiguas después y tal vez tenga un problema con WU en el futuro, ya que faltarán algunos archivos para que WU funcione después de la limpieza.

El Liberador de espacio en disco de Windows integrado utiliza la primera opción con un retraso de 30 días después de una actualización de Windows para que sea posible volver a un estado anterior.
With WU you mean Windows Update?

iso size is meaningless unless you intend to burn a dvd where the writable limiton a single sided disc is 4.3GB. its the install size that matters.

Back