Installer Initialization Failed error

Hi all,
Recently I prepared a windows 7 iso with Chriswayg's preset which I modified a little bit by me.
And when I tried to install Izotope RX6 the error came up.
I should have removed a component or disabled a service but don't know which one(s).
I'm adding a screenshot of the error below.
If helps I provide the preset too.
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Preset.xml
    43.1 KB
Last edited:
Hi WaffenFabrik,

Have you tried same preset with latest NTLite? You using really old build 1.3.1.5060
There was a lot of changes during development, as you can see in changelog

Hi George, no I haven't tried.
But I assume this version should be enough to handle Win 7 isos.
Clanger has used more older 1.2.xx versions for his/her win 7 presets.

Recently I prepared a windows 7 iso with Chriswayg's preset which I modified a little bit by me.
And when I tried to install Izotope RX6 the error came up.
I should have removed a component or disabled a service but don't know which one(s).

Try to keep Windows Presentation Foundation.

That preset is removing too many, i would keep:

I think 'Performance components' are needed for office setup
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
Windows Component Database
Windows Component Store (WinSxS)
Windows Management Instrumentation (Providers)
Windows Management Instrumentation Tools

Maybe you are right but I use my pc for only Audio/Video editing/playback, Web browsing, torrenting and such. In short it's a multimedia pc. I don't use office related programs.
Any of above components you've pointed affect my pc, sure I keep 'em

Maybe you are right but I use my pc for only Audio/Video editing/playback, Web browsing, torrenting and such. In short it's a multimedia pc. I don't use office related programs.
Any of above components you've pointed affect my pc, sure I keep 'em
If 'Performance' components removals affects office setup, could affect other programs setup that rely on performance components (except performance tools).

Allright, after several hours of training finally I'm here.
I set up your recommendation and result is negative.
First 4 ISOs kept WMI component and met BSODs. WPF changed nothing, I faced the same error.
Here is the latest and booting preset.

Attachments

• Win7_Enterprise_T4.xml
    43.3 KB
I created same image as you. But with latest NTLite and as source I used Enterprise N x64 SP1.
The problem must be some missing dll. Izotope RX6 installer is created using InstallBuilder which looking as its coded in Qt.
Before years I created some app using Qt c++ for boot.wim and I must add a lot of dll files for proper working.

Try to add those files with their mui files into proper places. I found errors with installer on those and more dll using Depency Walker
Code:
eappcfg.dll
gpsvc.dll
ndfapi.dll

Btw, I tested install Izotope RX6 on my Windows 10 preset with no problem. (Its really lite without my addons, install.wim 780MB with .NET 3x integrated and DirectX true addon inside and updates and my drivers 170MB)
I have DirectX 9.0c in my Windows 10 test and I also have installed Visual C++ Runtimes AIO from ricktendo

Good luck with digging around

I created same image as you. But with latest NTLite and as source I used Enterprise N x64 SP1.
The problem must be some missing dll. Izotope RX6 installer is created using InstallBuilder which looking as its coded in Qt.
Before years I created some app using Qt c++ for boot.wim and I must add a lot of dll files for proper working.

Try to add those files with their mui files into proper places. I found errors with installer on those and more dll using Depency Walker
Code:
eappcfg.dll
gpsvc.dll
ndfapi.dll

Btw, I tested install Izotope RX6 on my Windows 10 preset with no problem. (Its really lite without my addons, install.wim 780MB with .NET 3x integrated and DirectX true addon inside and updates and my drivers 170MB)
I have DirectX 9.0c in my Windows 10 test and I also have installed Visual C++ Runtimes AIO from ricktendo

Thanks George, I'll give them a shot highly likely tomorrow after work and report back.
BTW I would really like to try your preset (if you permit). My laptop is 6 years old and I mostly use Izotope RX6 to edit Retro songs with its deconstruct plugin. And that point my old partner starts to suck cause it can't provide seamless preview :)))
So I need a light OS which directs all its power to RX6.

Code:
eappcfg.dll
gpsvc.dll
ndfapi.dll

Components:
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
Group Policy Client
This could be part of 'Diagnostic and TroubIeshooting':
Network Diagnostic Framework Client API ()

Code:
eappcfg.dll
gpsvc.dll
ndfapi.dll

Tried your solution but result is once again negative

Keep 'System File Checker', located in
Windows Component Store (WinSxS)​

SFC is necessary for MSI installers, sometimes the MSI installers are inside .exe files.

I haven't seen the SFC component in your preset but i loaded and found that it removed, if you don't have SFC in the build you are working on, try to keep the two listed components.

Keep 'System File Checker', located in
Windows Component Store (WinSxS)​

SFC is necessary for MSI installers, sometimes the MSI installers are inside .exe files.

I haven't seen the SFC component in your preset but i loaded and found that it removed, if you don't have SFC in the build you are working on, try to keep the two listed components.
Allright, I'll give it a shot.
BTW Kasual, I have seeral .msi and .exe installers and they don't create any problems. I think Izotope installer has a different thing inside.I opened it with 7zip and there is only "array_24.npy" file inside, then I went further and tried to extract it with universal extactor and saw there are several files.
Maybe a Linux experienced guy help us

npy is a python file, some programs made with python need a specific python build to have installed but at izotope's site found only the OS requirements.

Have you installed Izotope in an untouched Windows?

Back