Live image servicing and Pending Operations

Clanger

Staff member
W8.1 and latest tool Beta. I installed an untouched iso and updated it post install(and restarted as required) and ran tool to tweak it(tweak only no removals). Tool took a very long time(with 50% cpu usage of 4 cores) to report live image had pending operations, i hadnt done any cleanups after updating.

Can you speed up tool sensing pending operations.
If pending operations are sensed could tool automatically restart pc, restart tool itself and run DISM online cleanup/reset base before a sesssion is run? The only way i could do it on windows 7 was to fiddle in the registry and delete some files. That was my only real gripe with w7, its dism wasnt great. :(

In the meantime users can use DISM-Online-Cleanup-Only.cmd(availible here) and run it before an NTLite live session. Known working on w8.1 U3.
=================================================================================================

Report - Same build, tweak Action Centre. Disable taskbar Action Centre notification icon(bloody annoying thing(ding ding)) disable? If so it didnt work for me. Only way i found to shut it up was from gpedit.msc or taskbar properties etc. I fiddled with the reg entry to remove user guid but that didnt work either.

I changed this(output from gpedit/mmc)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\{41F2B52D-CEC6-416A-849E-2B6D001EC557}User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"HideSCAHealth"=dword:00000001

to this
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"HideSCAHealth"=dword:00000001

which is what getadmx says

Tried this from getadmx and it dont work either :mad:
Registry Hive HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Registry Path Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
Value Name HideSCAHealth
Value Type REG_DWORD
Enabled Value 1
Disabled Value 0