NTLite battery component

Necrosaro

As the title says.... battery is in red for removal. Is this for laptops or does it also have UPS in it as well. If I don't have it on a laptop or a UPS device can I just purge this? Tried looking around and couldn't find any information on it?

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Yes, it's the laptop battery, one cannot guess on what the image will be used, so it's recommended to keep.
If you don't need it, remove it, don't know of any sideeffects, make sure to let me know.

It would be beneficial to add battery to the compatibility and move it to Gaming template, as it really isn't necessary on desktop.
If anyone has any experience with this, let me know, I'll remove it on mine going forward, as a long-term test.

Necrosaro

Yes, it's the laptop battery, one cannot guess on what the image will be used, so it's recommended to keep.
If you don't need it, remove it, don't know of any sideeffects, make sure to let me know.

It would be beneficial to add battery to the compatibility and move it to Gaming template, as it really isn't necessary on desktop.
If anyone has any experience with this, let me know, I'll remove it on mine going forward, as a long-term test.
Thanks for the response back, will try tonight and see what happens.

Necrosaro

Battery feature supports UPS monitoring (via USB cable).
Installing and Configuring a UPS with Windows 10
Very, very slight degradation in computer performance when removed. No frame loss just a extremely low chance of not being as smooth with the battery left alone. There must be something hidden that may have been causing this. I tested and tested it again by backing up and trying again.

It continues with its removal so my final say for me at lease to leave it be and it's so small as a removal I don't really care. I only care if it gives me anything no matter how small

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Very, very slight degradation in computer performance when removed. No frame loss just a extremely low chance of not being as smooth with the battery left alone. There must be something hidden that may have been causing this. I tested and tested it again by backing up and trying again.

It continues with its removal so my final say for me at lease to leave it be and it's so small as a removal I don't really care. I only care if it gives me anything no matter how small
Let me get this straight, removing an unused battery driver reduced performance of your PC?
How, so that I can test it.

Thanks.

Necrosaro

Let me get this straight, removing an unused battery driver reduced performance of your PC?
How, so that I can test it.

Thanks.
My computer is mostly used as a media player(movies,tv shows) stuff like that. Minor use in games and backup of files. I didn't notice anything much in gaming so cannot attest to that but in my movie watching/tv watching I had a slight minor stutter that was noticed.

I am pretty sensitive to it so might be hard to see. No idea why such a removal would do such a thing but when restoring it stopped the very minor stutter.