NTLite ISO install

SebastianE

To start off, I am not experienced at all with NTLite, so I would like someone that knows what's wrong to help.
I haven't really edited that much, only really edited something in Updates, unattended and post-setup, but I'm not sure if it was right, so I tried it in a VM, and sure enough, it didn't work. I have scratched my head for about an hour now to find out what's wrong, but as I know almost nothing, I can't find the problem.
So I would be grateful for your guy's help, I have a youtube link so you can see what's going on:

Thank you soo much in advance

Hi Sebastian,

on the virtual machine boot menu, make sure to move VMware Virtual SATA CDRom Drive to the top, it wasn't in your video.

Try that then it should boot the ISO and install, if that doesn't help:

Those changes indeed should not break anything.
Have you tried the original ISO itself, this may be a Windows/VMWare issue?
Haven't ever saw this error while editing. Also the boot phase is the boot.wim image, and you haven't edited that.
So it's either VMWare, host Windows or mishandling/corruption of the images.

Make sure to update VMWare Workstation to the latest.

Let me know how it goes, if editing the ISO does break it and the unedited works, please send me the preset to test with (careful about private data or send to support at ntlite.com email) and let me know where did you get the original ISO (its filename if from MSDN).

Thanks.

Hi Sebastian,

on the virtual machine boot menu, make sure to move VMware Virtual SATA CDRom Drive to the top, it wasn't in your video.

Try that then it should boot the ISO and install, if that doesn't help:

Those changes indeed should not break anything.
Have you tried the original ISO itself, this may be a Windows/VMWare issue?
Haven't ever saw this error while editing. Also the boot phase is the boot.wim image, and you haven't edited that.
So it's either VMWare, host Windows or mishandling/corruption of the images.

Make sure to update VMWare Workstation to the latest.

Let me know how it goes, if editing the ISO does break it and the unedited works, please send me the preset to test with (careful about private data or send to support at ntlite.com email) and let me know where did you get the original ISO (its filename if from MSDN).

Thanks.
So I've tried a few times now, and it seems to only be the "raw" version that works, so as you requested I have the non-edited and edited ISO file and just need to know where to send them, and I got the original ISO file from Microsoft Azure.

Did you manage to boot the modified ISO? Saw the prompt to boot from it?
Asking because in your video bios was not set to boot from ISO but from already installed Windows in the virtual machine.
You need to move the CDRom to top and save changes.

But if you are certain, sure, upload them anywhere that you can, like Google Drive or OneDrive, somewhere private and send link only to me, not publicly as distributing ISOs is not allowed by Microsoft.
If the preset is not in the root of the modified ISO, please add that as well (autosaved session XML from that exact modification).

Did you manage to boot the modified ISO? Saw the prompt to boot from it?
Asking because in your video bios was not set to boot from ISO but from already installed Windows in the virtual machine.
You need to move the CDRom to top and save changes.

But if you are certain, sure, upload them anywhere that you can, like Google Drive or OneDrive, somewhere private and send link only to me, not publicly as distributing ISOs is not allowed by Microsoft.
If the preset is not in the root of the modified ISO, please add that as well (autosaved session XML from that exact modification).
I have tried to move the boot selection up, it installed windows and when I restarted, it came with the same error. So I'm lost on what to do.
The small ISO is the original, and the big is the modified one, I'll send you a link when the Onedrive upload is complete.

Tried your original image, it cannot boot UEFI, had to set the machine to BIOS mode to boot it.
That already is suspicious.

Then checked the SHA1 hash, en_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1909_x64_dvd_be09950e.iso should be:
9DC9CD4D956C51FDAA9ECD0F86FDF0A1E35526D9
For me it calculates:
18B45B0601B86125E09F94B12FC6CAE38F500CC1

Then started the install in BIOS mode, selected Windows Pro from the boot menu, then the attached error happened.

I recommend to download fresh ISO and check that out, first make sure it can boot UEFI and installs fine. They all should, don't know what's wrong with the one you sent me, haven't went into details as original ISOs should be intact.

Let me know how it goes, maybe my download got corrupted, calculate SHA1 of your ISO and compare please, or download the latest and retry that.
Btw edited ISO behaved identical, so I doubt both got corrupted the same.

Thanks.

Attachments

• [Temp]-2020-06-12-09-06-03.png
    [Temp]-2020-06-12-09-06-03.png
    35.4 KB
Back