Only create local Admin and nothing else?

EctoBoggan

Greetings,
Sorry, it's a low-brain question but :

I'm trying to create a specific setup but I can't stop Windows asking me to create a user account.

What I want :
Create the default Administrator account with a specific Password (no auto-logon).
Add the PC to my domain using an domain accout who has the right to do it.
Then a domain user can connect with its credential and use the computer.

What I get :
Windows install asking me who will use the compuer (User creation).

What I do :
In unattended tab :
  • Add a local account
    1662992244364.png
  • Join Network with my authorize account
  • Skip local account setup > True (or does it cancel the local account I setup myself?)
  • Name and display name are always "Administrator" (but in french which is the default one)
I think I tried every solutions possible and with or without "Enable built-in Administrator using this account".

Any tips ?
I'll be happy to give you more informations !

Last edited:
More than one user account can be created.

1. Enable local Administrator
Capture2.PNG

2. Add network user
Capture3.PNG

Attachments

• autounattend.xml
    2.9 KB
That is exactly what I do but I keep getting prompt by Windows to setup an account after install.
The admin account is correctly setup and the PC joined the domain successfully.
1663053388586.png

I want to clarify that I did this unattended configuration only on my Windows 10 Pro edition, not on Setup (x64) nor PE (x64).

Network Join's function is to get access to domain resources during Setup, it doesn't add domain users to the local system.

NTLite doesn't support adding domain users from the UI, you need to update the answer file by hand.
Insert this XML block (lines #10-21) to autounattend.xml:
XML:
  3         <settings pass="oobeSystem">
  4                 <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  5                         <UserAccounts>
  6                                 <AdministratorPassword>
  7                                         <PlainText>false</PlainText>
  8                                         <Value>cABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAEEAZABtAGkAbgBpAHMAdAByAGEAdABvAHIAUABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAA==</Value>
  9                                 </AdministratorPassword>
 10                                 <DomainAccounts>
 11                                         <DomainAccountList wcm:action="add">
 12                                                 <DomainAccount wcm:action="add">
 13                                                         <Name>account1</Name>
 14                                                         <Group>Contoso\Group1</Group>
 15                                                 </DomainAccount>
 16                                                 <DomainAccount wcm:action="add">
 17                                                         <Name>account2</Name>
 18                                                         <Group>Contoso\Group1</Group>
 19                                                 </DomainAccount>
 20                                         </DomainAccountList>
 21                                 </DomainAccounts>
 22                                 <LocalAccounts>
 23                                         <LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
 24                                                 <Group>Administrators</Group>
 25                                                 <Name>Administrator</Name>
 26                                                 <Password>
 27                                                         <PlainText>false</PlainText>
 28                                                         <Value>cABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAFAAYQBzAHMAdwBvAHIAZAA=</Value>
 29                                                 </Password>
 30                                         </LocalAccount>
 31                                 </LocalAccounts>
 32                         </UserAccounts>
 33                 </component>
 34         </settings>

Network Join's function is to get access to domain resources during Setup, it doesn't add domain users to the local system.
That is exactly what I do but I keep getting prompt by Windows to setup an account after install.
The admin account is correctly setup and the PC joined the domain successfully.
NTLite doesn't support adding domain users from the UI, you need to update the answer file by hand.
The setup isn't skipping local user account creation or I'm missing something.

Sorry I may have been unclear.
The final goal of the installation should look like that :
  • A local admin account with a custom password is created/configured.
  • The PC is in the domain.
The problem was that during the installation Windows oobe kept asking me to create an local account even if a local admin account was correctly setup on NTLite.

But the problem solved itself,

I just removed and reconfigure the local account on NTLite without giving it a DisplayName, so like that :
1663141669429.png

I don't get why it solved my problem.

Insert this XML block (lines #10-21) to autounattend.xml:
XML:
  3         <settings pass="oobeSystem">
  4                 <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  5                         <UserAccounts>
  6                                 <AdministratorPassword>
  7                                         <PlainText>false</PlainText>
  8                                         <Value>cABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAEEAZABtAGkAbgBpAHMAdAByAGEAdABvAHIAUABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAA==</Value>
  9                                 </AdministratorPassword>
 10                                 <DomainAccounts>
 11                                         <DomainAccountList wcm:action="add">
 12                                                 <DomainAccount wcm:action="add">
 13                                                         <Name>account1</Name>
 14                                                         <Group>Contoso\Group1</Group>
 15                                                 </DomainAccount>
 16                                                 <DomainAccount wcm:action="add">
 17                                                         <Name>account2</Name>
 18                                                         <Group>Contoso\Group1</Group>
 19                                                 </DomainAccount>
 20                                         </DomainAccountList>
 21                                 </DomainAccounts>
 22                                 <LocalAccounts>
 23                                         <LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
 24                                                 <Group>Administrators</Group>
 25                                                 <Name>Administrator</Name>
 26                                                 <Password>
 27                                                         <PlainText>false</PlainText>
 28                                                         <Value>cABhAHMAcwB3AG8AcgBkAFAAYQBzAHMAdwBvAHIAZAA=</Value>
 29                                                 </Password>
 30                                         </LocalAccount>
 31                                 </LocalAccounts>
 32                         </UserAccounts>
 33                 </component>
 34         </settings>
Btw this is awsome, I'll keep that preciously.

Thanks again for your help, see you soon for more stupid questions (I hope not o_O).
Have a nice day !

The domain join feature was tested and it works, potentially you tried the unsafe method only, there are 2 options in the UI.
Let me know if you see anything missing with the safe method (it fills what you listed).

Sorry I may have been unclear.
The final goal of the installation should look like that :
  • A local admin account with a custom password is created/configured.
  • The PC is in the domain.
The problem was that during the installation Windows oobe kept asking me to create an local account even if a local admin account was correctly setup on NTLite.

But the problem solved itself,

I just removed and reconfigure the local account on NTLite without giving it a DisplayName, so like that :
Let me know if you repeat this issue in the future, that the display name makes any effect.
Thanks for the feedback.

Back