Problems Integrating USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers in Windows 7

Turboslayer123

Hello, everytime I try to boot into windows 7 from the usb it acts as if there are no usb 3.0 drivers even though I have them integrated. Is there a fix to this problem?

Drivers should be added to both boot.wim & install.wim. There are two ways to integrate drivers to boot.wim:

1. Load boot.wim (WinPE Setup) and add drivers. Apply.
2. Load install.wim, and add drivers. Before Applying, expand Select image tasks -> Reapply tasks across editions -> Integrate - Drivers
Now click on boot.wim (WinPE Setup), so NTLite integrates the same drivers to both images.​

If you've done this already, and it doesn't work -- check your drivers. Using W7 on newer hardware might require a specific version of the USB3 driver that's been modified. (Google search on "canonkong USB")

Drivers should be added to both boot.wim & install.wim. There are two ways to integrate drivers to boot.wim:

1. Load boot.wim (WinPE Setup) and add drivers. Apply.
2. Load install.wim, and add drivers. Before Applying, expand Select image tasks -> Reapply tasks across editions -> Integrate - Drivers
Now click on boot.wim (WinPE Setup), so NTLite integrates the same drivers to both images.​

If you've done this already, and it doesn't work -- check your drivers. Using W7 on newer hardware might require a specific version of the USB3 driver that's been modified. (Google search on "canonkong USB")
Hello, I’ve already done this but the canonkong usb forum in Winraid doesn’t have the drivers I need. If you need any information my chipset is Intel h370

From the Wayback Machine's archive of the old Win-RAID USB3.0/3.1 thread (page 141):
- Someone's modded (but unsigned) driver
- Instructions for disabling signature checks:
I have the same motherboard.
Could you please send me the driver and the cert so that i can try it ?

Edit:
I disabled Windows 7 signature enforcement, using
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
and after reboot i was able tio install the drivers.
Everything seems to work perfectly

I don't have this HW, but these are answers I've found online. Use at your own risk.

Failing that, there's the trick of finding a legacy PCI USB card to get past the ISO boot and address the broken motherboard drivers later.

Intel USB3 driver, works on H310C(R2.0), add all 3 drivers inside to boot.wim(setup) and install.wim as Garlin has already mentioned.
Windows 7 can be very cranky installing from a usb key on my H310C(R2.0) board although previously it worked flawlessly many times so try changing to other usb ports, unplugging and plugging back in when you reboot because of the missing driver error.
Burn to a blank dvd and install from an Internal Sata optical drive.
To be honest its too much of a pain in the backside "trying" to install windows 7, im on w10 now.

Failing that, there's the trick of finding a legacy PCI USB card to get past the ISO boot and address the broken motherboard drivers later.
Hello, I also have another question, what does boot and system mean in extra services? I think it has something to do with the drivers, anyways thanks for helping me.

Extra services will support a specific driver function. Like running a storage management service on top of a RAID device.

Depending on the driver, this service has to start at boot time (when the driver gets loaded), or it can run slightly later to speed up booting. In general you shouldn't touch these settings. The better way to clean up Extra Services is to simply remove the driver itself.

Ok, thank you for your help, I managed to get the usb 3 drivers working but after the operating system is installed they stopped working but the nvme driver still works, do you know why it does that?

Bring up Device Manager, find out which USB driver was the last one standing. You may need to remove the "winning" driver from the image (or updates) to prevent it from installing.

That means it's switching to wrong driver. If you have another PC, use Remote Desktop to get inside the new PC. Without looking at Device Manager, you have no idea what's going on.

That means it's switching to wrong driver. If you have another PC, use Remote Desktop to get inside the new PC. Without looking at Device Manager, you have no idea what's going on.
Thank you for your help, I installed it another time but it was 2 years ago and since then I forgot

Intel USB3 driver, works on H310C(R2.0), add all 3 drivers inside to boot.wim(setup) and install.wim as Garlin has already mentioned.
Windows 7 can be very cranky installing from a usb key on my H310C(R2.0) board although previously it worked flawlessly many times so try changing to other usb ports, unplugging and plugging back in when you reboot because of the missing driver error.
Burn to a blank dvd and install from an Internal Sata optical drive.
To be honest its too much of a pain in the backside "trying" to install windows 7, im on w10 now.
Thank you for your help, I successfully used usb 3.0 drivers but when setup is almost to completely done they for some reason disable, can you help me with that please

Or Windows Update kicks in, and "helps" by replacing the driver. Unplug the network cable while it's installing.

Or Windows Update kicks in, and "helps" by replacing the driver. Unplug the network cable while it's installing.
I think It doesn’t have anything to do with windows update since I don’t have any network drivers. I’m gonna try deleting and reinstalling the drivers on the drive where I have windows on

Back